Item Count in List Disappears if List Too Long

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Artemis5

Item Count in List Disappears if List Too Long

Post by Artemis5 »

Correct Behavior Example: Show all Tracks for list with 6,616 items and "6616" remains visible in bottom panel under the scroll bar.

Incorrect Behavior Example: Click Entire Library node when have 1.3 million tracks and status line disappears under scroll bar. The line shows in increments until completed and the status line disappears (perhaps the scroll bar gets hungry and eats it).
Lowlander

Re: Item Count in List Disappears if List Too Long

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) and which Skin are you using? I've never seen this happen.
Artemis5

Post by Artemis5 »

5.0.4.2693 (Portable Mode)
Code Monkey Light

Also, when you are in browser mode, click on icon "ABC" with check mark for repeatable crash.
Artemis5

Post by Artemis5 »

if you want a copy of a library (no files) that you can test for "massive collection" usability/issues, happy to share. Thanks for the response. Really great work has gone into version 5!!!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please update to latest Beta from viewtopic.php?t=86639&sd=d use non debug version and check speed. Also for testing use some of Native skins please as it is possible that skin uses/saves some settings that creates such effects.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Artemis5

Post by Artemis5 »

with the non debug beat build you specified:
4 skins all have the tally line completely disappear (Code Monkey Light, Flat Monkey, Metro M Classic, Monkey Groove. You can see the top half of the characters in the last line before the scross bar.

1 skin (Flat Monkey) loses half of that line (can see the top halves of all the characters).

That scroll bar jumps and counter line jump up and down slightly as the counter is incremented. The 4 skins drop the scroll bar down to hide final count on last update.

Flat Monkey sows 3/4 of the last line and 1/2 of counter line.

Seems to be a scroll bar positioning issue.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

I am thinking video driver, screen size, windows scaling issue, as mine works perfectly fine in all views I have tried, with a typical 1920x1080 laptop display.

If indeed you have a large screen, try adjusting some of the scaling parameters to see if it makes any difference.

Not saying this should be happening, but it might help track down the root cause.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Artemis5

Post by Artemis5 »

I tried 5 different settings including the one you use. No joy. Also checked if full screen vice window would make a difference. No joy.
Artemis5

Post by Artemis5 »

I keep tripping across stuff that you may want to know about. Because Location Node does not let you work on tracks (it uses folders only), I created a collection with a hard coded path. Two interesting things are happening in that collection.
1. In the browser view the album cube is always built from the entire library and is not based on the albums in the collection. So if you have three albums showing on the screen the cube may be populated with 9 albums.
2. The "Unknown" entry is not available (example: if you have tracks with blank Album Artist, they are not viewable in the collection.

Sorry to keep pestering you but you seem to be diligent in your efforts. Thanks much.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you check your Screen size settings, as then screen rendering sizes can influence how much stuff is seen on screen.

For me on my 1440p display all is set to 100%
Best regards,
Peke
Artemis5

Post by Artemis5 »

100%. (recommended). I used 100% for the 5 tests I ran
and the recommended resolution is 2560x1440
Single display in landscape mode
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Then please post Screenshot. of whole Desktop screen with MM maximized (See my signature on how to attach image to forum).
Best regards,
Peke