Using 'Path' in Collection with Google Drive

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MagGyver

Using 'Path' in Collection with Google Drive

Post by MagGyver »

Hi all,

Working through getting acquainted with MM5 after so many years of MM4. Loving the new Collections and getting into customizing them, but I was unable to accomplish something and cannot find any mention about it in the help file or a Google search.

When configuring a Collection, if I choose 'Path' and 'contains', I am prompted to type in the file path (rather than clicking a Browse button, as I would have expected). This works fine for all my other locations on my drives, but when it comes to files in my (mirrored) Google Drive folder, I cannot seem to get it to recognize.

If I type G:\My Drive (Google user)\etc or if I type C:\Users\me\My Drive (Google user)\etc I cannot get the files to show up. My files are stored locally as well as in the cloud, so they are actually on my hard drive.

I have been hesitant to add Google Drive as a service, as I do not use it for syncing in the traditional sense. I'm not sure if this is the issue of why I cannot type the file path. Perhaps someone can enlighten me?

Thanks
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Lowlander

Re: Using 'Path' in Collection with Google Drive

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using.

Are you just scanning a local drive that happens to also be Synced to Google Drive? What Path do files on that location show in MediaMonkey?