MMA sync facility unhelpful for album focused customers [#20488]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

MMA sync facility unhelpful for album focused customers [#20488]

Post by Barry4679 »

I am one of those people who listen to whole albums, ie. not mixed track playlists

I can select the albums I want to sync MMW-->MMA.
I select albums from a collection that includes last play date criteria.
When I have recently played an album it disappears from the collection, and the MM Sync process wants to delete the album from the device because I have the Delete "Unselected library items" option checked.

This facility is generally helpful, but sometimes I want to keep an album on my mobile device.
MM allows for this because it shows a delete list where I can make confirmations.

The process works OK if I trigger the scan via USB (ie. from MMW), because the tracks to be deleted are listed in album|track sequence.

===> The process does not work OK if I trigger the scan via WiFi because the tracks are listed in some random sequence, and the album name is not displayed. If there are many albums in the delete confirmation list it is not possible to confirm which albums are about to be deleted, nor to remove specific albums from that list.

This could be addressed by resequencing the tracks in the MMA confirmation list, and adding the album name to that list.

That would be of some assistance, but I would prefer that the deletion lists in both environments had a all_tracks|album_summary display toggle.

That way i could quickly review the deletion list, and could suppress the deletion of some albums via a single uncheck action for those albums
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
rusty

Re: MMA sync facility unhelpful for album focused customers

Post by rusty »