duplicating titles

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Ian Werich

duplicating titles

Post by Ian Werich »

Hi everyone,

I use MM as a dj and use the "occasion", "mood" and "custom 1, 2, 3, 4, 5" columns to store useful informations/links between the titles in the library.
Sometimes, however, I find out of not having enough fields available for all the informations I want to store and I would like to ask if there is a possibility to duplicate a title of the library (without duplicating the track itself) to gain additional space for the informations.
If possible, could the new row in the library contain different information in the above mentioned columns than in the original row?
To be clear: if in the original row the "occasion" column contains the value "X", could the duplicate row may contain the value "Y in the same column?
Ian Werich

duplicating titles

Post by Ian Werich »

Hi everyone,

I use MM as a dj and use the "occasion", "mood" and "custom 1, 2, 3, 4, 5" columns to store useful informations/links between the titles in the library.
Sometimes, however, I find out of not having enough fields available for all the informations I want to store and I would like to ask if there is a possibility to duplicate a title of the library (without duplicating the track itself) to gain additional space for the informations.
If possible, could the new row in the library contain different information in the above mentioned columns than in the original row?
To be clear: if in the original row the "occasion" column contains the value "X", could the duplicate row may contain the value "Y in the same column?
Lowlander

Re: duplicating titles

Post by Lowlander »

Occasion is a multi-value field, so it can contain X; Y. You also have 5 Custom fields (extended to 10 Custom fields in MediaMonkey 5).