Missing tags/songs in MMA after Android 14 update

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Supera380

Missing tags/songs in MMA after Android 14 update

Post by Supera380 »

Hello,

I am seeing some weird behaviour when transferring songs from Windows 10 to the MMA music folder having done an Android 14 update on my Samsung phone yesterday.

Prior to the update, every song/album was tagged correctly and recognized in MMA (v 2.0.0.1152) ). Sync was always successful up until now. After the Android update some album & tag information appeared lost. I removed the affected albums and re-copied them from my PC to the phone.

If I now try to copy albums/songs that have all tags correctly assigned in Windows 10, once copied to the Music folder on the phone I have noticed some albums do not appear at all in MMA. When checking the phones music folder some tags are stripped from each song. I assume this is why MMA is no longer recognizing the albums/songs correctly.

What does seem to be different is that when transferring songs to the phone now and then opening MMA, the sync icon only rotates occasionally when opening the MMA app which appears to me that MMA is not always scanning the defined folders consistently when MMA is opened now.

Anyone else seeing this issue with Android 14 and MMA?

Thx
Mark
Lowlander

Re: Missing tags/songs in MMA after Android 14 update

Post by Lowlander »

Are you direct copying (ie. not Sync from MMW to MMA)? In that case you're relying on the Android Media Scanner to read file tags and it's known to have problems. With Sync you avoid this as MMW will directly write tags to the MMA database.
Supera380

Post by Supera380 »

Thanks for the reply.

Direct copying as I do not have MMW installed on my desktop PC.

Quick update. It appears those missing tags did show up when copying directly from PC to Android phone however it took several minutes for the new albums to show up in MMA even though according to Windows 10 all files were present on the phone. Only after some minutes and starting the MMA app again did the new albums with tag info show.

Never had this problem before.

I will likely move to a different Android music player since it takes too much time to keep fixing MMA.

Regards
Mark
Peke

Post by Peke »

Supera380 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:43 am I will likely move to a different Android music player since it takes too much time to keep fixing MMA.
Most if not all problems vanish if you use MM5 on Windows PC to sync instead of Direct copy. Even further if you use WiFi sync from MMA. This is due the fact that any tag issues you can easily correct in MM5 and corrections will be passed to MMA.

EDIT: Delay you are experiencing is most likely due the Google Media Scanner has not yet finished teh job reading tags.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts