Metadata from files to MM

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

mahimike

Metadata from files to MM

Post by mahimike »

1) Is there a way to have metadata updated from the file to MMW5? I update my data in another app (before I started using MM). I have only found a way to change the data in MM and xfr to the files. 2) Additionally, it seems if I update/add a rating to a song, it does not get to the file unless I go to 'Files to edit'>'DB/Tag Mismatches' and then 'Update tags'. Am I missing another method(s)?
Last edited by mahimike on Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: Metadata from files to MM

Post by Lowlander »

Rescan does this by default.
mahimike

Post by mahimike »

Lowlander: thanks. Of course, I make a post and now all seems to be working???? I just opened this to update/edit my original post, but you beat me to it. I am running thru my unrated Christmas collection and editing the ratings of the songs in the playlist and what do you know? The ratings immediately show up in the metadata for the songs!! Yippee! The only exception is that the song being played doesn't show up. I just have to update it after it is done playing.

So- back to question 1: do changes in file metadata get reflected in MMW5 when it rescans?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

mahimike

Post by mahimike »

I have 'glossed' over this several times. Thank you for making me read it slowly and think about it. - Mike