[REQ] Add Updated To Selected By Pick List

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Dryst

[REQ] Add Updated To Selected By Pick List

Post by Dryst »

MMW5 comes with a Recently Added list to show you all files to a limit added to my media library. I use this often, and I extended the limit to 1000 as well as renamed the list to Recently Added (1000).

What I also need to see is the recently updated items from my music library. I am often making changes to items, and I currently have no way to track what has been modified. Can you add this?

"Selected by:" contains
Added (most recent)
Added (least recent)

I am requesting that you also add:
Updated (most recent)
Updated (least recent)

You are using a SQL Lite database to store all content, so hopefully you are tracking date/time for both adds and updates. If you are not tracking updates, a new field to track this must be added. Most database people know to track both adds and updates, so I would be very surprised if update date/time was missing.
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Add Updated To Selected By Pick List

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Dryst,

I think this can be handled using a Collection.

For "updates" I think you can use Timestamp < (hours ago) 24 (or a suitable time period for you).

Then in the All Tracks display add Timestamp and sort by this column.

For "additions" use Added < (days ago) 90 (or your choice)

Then use All Tracks / List view add Added Column and sort

Once you have your list, you can obvious Play / create a Playlist / select All and export the list to a file etc.

Hope this helps.
Ian Taylor
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Thanks for the post, but I am not following how this will meet my needs.

What I wish to identify is every item in my media library that had any change made to it whatsoever. If I change a rating, edit a tag item, or any update made to any data item. Similar to recently added, I wish to see recently changed.

I hope this is clear now.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

The logic to check for updates already exists in the application. Whenever I use File|Add/rescan files to the Library... it shows files added and updated in a summary screen when complete. Adding this same logic to the "Selected by:" pick list should not be overly complicated. It's probably easier to detect new files versus modified files though due to the data existing in multiple tables. However, it seems you're already doing it as posted earlier.
oldugly

Re: [REQ] Add Updated To Selected By Pick List

Post by oldugly »

Just go to Auto Playlist, and create a Playlist with the criteria of Timestamp < [defined timespan]. Timestamp for each file is updated whenever you change anything, including tags, on the file.
MediaMonkey Gold user for 10+ years.
MM5 Gold (Lifetime) 5.0.4.2693; Windows 11; MMA 2.0.0.1152