MMA not scanning USB memory stick

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

mmain

MMA not scanning USB memory stick

Post by mmain »

Hi Folks,

I am hoping you can give me some advice.

I use MMW to export music to a USB memory stick, with music stored under directory /music and playlists under directory /playlists.

MMA is installed on an Android Head Unit in my car, running Android 10. I can access all the files fine from my File Manager.

I can add the above directories just fine in MMA, but these never get scanned for media. (Incidentally, Poweramp has no problems, I am just looking to use a more lightweight player)

Any ideas?

Thanks
Peke

Re: MMA not scanning USB memory stick

Post by Peke »

Hi,
OTG storage connected to Android Devices can't be added to MMA library (still, but it is on to-do), but instead of that you use Folders browser in MMA to access drive and play tracks from it. I prefer sync to my head unit as I can connect to my Home WiFi when park I park car or simply Take out SDcard and Sync on PC.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mmain

Post by mmain »

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like staying with PowerAmp is the better option.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
mmain wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:43 pm Thanks for the feedback, sounds like staying with PowerAmp is the better option.
If you prefer using only OTG Storage, then yes, personally when I tested I do not see any difference from MMA folders browser and PowerAmp file browser, but again that is me ;)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts