Sort Autoplaylist via Comment field

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

anniedmn

Sort Autoplaylist via Comment field

Post by anniedmn »

hello there, is there any add on that can be added to sort Autoplaylists via Comment field? (I am Gold user, but still using MM4 as some addons won't work with MM5)
thanks
Peke

Re: Sort Autoplaylist via Comment field

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Not that I know of.

Main problem with comment field is that it is MEMO type field which can contain large chunk of text and if that is sort indexed then it would triple MM librarry size and slow it down a lot.

NOTE: MM5 can sort by Custom fields and also have 10 Custom fields where MM4 have only 5. What plugins are not available in MM5 that still keep you on MM4?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
anniedmn

Post by anniedmn »

Hi thanks for your reply,
I understand the reason why and it makes sense. It's just I use the comment field in some other way so it can appear in a DJ app I'm using for categorising purposes, as the custom fields of MM don't show in other apps.

The add on that doesn't work on MM5 is a playlist export add on. MM5 might be able to export playlists but the way it does is not convenient. I need my playlists to be sorted in folders and in short names, but MM5 uses the names of all and the whole nodes and subnodes and ends up having a HUGE name and everything is just in one directory and as I have a lot of playlists this is i frustrating. I've suggested this to the MM team and they will soon add this possibility (hopefully)
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Consider using "Edit Tags" / "Copy field to field" for example "Comments" to "Custom 6"

Note: You can "re-name" the Custom Fields so Custom 6 could be a more meaningful text like "Annie"

Create a Collection based on the Custom / Renamed Custom field.

Open the Collection and add the Custom / Renamed Custom field to sort by. Use the List View.

Ctrl+A to select All and then right-click to Send to a Playlist (new or existing).
Ian Taylor
anniedmn

Post by anniedmn »

but i dont need to use custom fields