Intallation issues with 5.0.4.2693

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MPG

Intallation issues with 5.0.4.2693

Post by MPG »

Hi,
Not sure if this is the right forum for this. My apologies if it should be somewhere else. I wanted to express my experience in installing the latest version:
1) The install kept stalling on attempting to overwrite MMHelper.dll. I had to restart my machine to finish the install.
2) The install removed some of my custom scripts from the toolbar. Specifically: Fix Characters, Replace String, copy artist, and Spellcheck. (I didn't think to see if they were still installed just removed from the toolbar. I reinstalled them and they reappeared)
3) And the most frustrating piece is that the side window is still being displayed when adding songs to a playlist. I had really, really hoped this had been removed. Sorry guys, but you get a Boo from me.
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
Lowlander

Re: Intallation issues with 5.0.4.2693

Post by Lowlander »

1. That means something on your system has kept a lock on the file. Restarting the PC resolves that.
2. Did you update an installation or do a new install?
MPG

Post by MPG »

Update.

What was interesting was that I could rename the file, but the install still froze on the dll. I used LockHunter to see what locks were on the file and it indicated there were no locks on the file.
TIA
MPG
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

For me, If I drag the song to the playlist name in the media tree the edit playlist window does not pop up.

If I use send-to, playlist, then it does. You are right, it would be nice to at least have the option for it not to appear at all, unless I select edit playlist.
Using V2024 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 11, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
MPG

Post by MPG »

Wondering if anyone is willing to provide an eta on when the side screen popping out when adding songs to a playlist will be disabled?
TIA
MPG
lauirtuyv

Post by lauirtuyv »

It was interesting to see that even after renaming the file, the dll install continued to freeze. When I ran LockHunter to check for locks on the file, it showed that there were none.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Try to rename Whole MM install folder.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts