Playlists to subfolders issue

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Biggus_Dickus

Playlists to subfolders issue

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Hi,
I found following bug.
When syncing with setting that every synced playlist/autoplaylist should become it‘s own subfolder,
some files went wrong. i.E. got a playlist „90s“, most contained files synced to a folder called „90s“. A few ones synced to root 🤷🏻‍♂️

Using MM 5.0.4.2693
Last edited by Biggus_Dickus on Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: Playlists to subfolders issue

Post by Lowlander »

Are files part of multiple Playlists, which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey, how did you Sync, and what device did you Sync to?
Biggus_Dickus

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:38 am Are files part of multiple Playlists, which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey, how did you Sync, and what device did you Sync to?
They‘re part of a playlist, splitted into multiple autoplaylists, which were synced. They were synced to a folder on hdd.
I use version 5.0.4.2693.

https://tinypic.host/image/IMG-4732.Z3OZk
https://tinypic.host/image/IMG-4731.Z3T6O
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture the Sync in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?t=86643 Please remove the affected files from the target drive first so that they're Synced again.

This should help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.

You can also try the latest MediaMonkey 5.1 beta to see if this resolves it.
Biggus_Dickus

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:26 am Please capture the Sync in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket:
I downloaded newest debug versions, but same issue.
I‘ll try to make a debug log soon. I‘m not smart in it and have not much time at the moment.

But here is a created playlist and you can See, that it uses different target folders within same playlist.

Code: Select all

../../Music/#The 90s/Ace of Base - Greatest Hits/02 Ace of Base - All That She Wants.mp3
../../Music/#The 90s/Ace of Base - Greatest Hits/03 Ace of Base - Wheel of Fortune.mp3
../../Music/Wiedergabeliste-Best of 90s (1)/Ace of Base - Greatest Hits/05 Ace of Base - Beautiful Life.mp3
../../Music/Wiedergabeliste-Best of 90s (1)/Ace of Base - Greatest Hits/06 Ace of Base - Happy Nation (Radio Edit).mp3
../../Music/Wiedergabeliste-Best of 90s (1)/Ace of Base - Greatest Hits/07 Ace of Base - Life Is a Flower.mp3

../../Barcode Brothers - Swipe Me/07 Barcode Brothers - Flute.mp3
../../Basic Element - Basic Injection/02 Basic Element - The Promise Man.mp3
../../BBE - Seven Days and One Week/01 BBE - Seven Days and One Week (Radio Edit).mp3
../../Beam Vs. Cyrus - Launch in Progress/01 Beam Vs. Cyrus; The  - Launch in Progress (Video Mix).mp3
I think it‘s reproducable for everyone. Just creating a playlist. Then a autoplaylist out of it and sync autoplaylist to a hdd folder.
Biggus_Dickus

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Has now ticket nr.: Ticket #6496