Auto-Organize: Disc number only if more discs

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

brainzina

Auto-Organize: Disc number only if more discs

Post by brainzina »

Hello!

I was wondering if there is a solution for a problem I am having with my libary right now:

I would like to only make a subfolder "CD01" if there are more than one CD. Unfortunately my libary has several albums with only CD1 marked but there is no CD2. So the subfolder is not really necessary.
The same thing I would like to do with the YEAR tag. I have classical albums from the same artist but recorded once in 1983 and another time in 1996. If this happens I would like to add the YEAR tag to the album-subfolder.

Is there anything to get this done?

Thanks!
rivorson

Re: Auto-Organize: Disc number only if more discs

Post by rivorson »

I think adding the disc number depending on whether there are more discs would require a script because it can't be done from the tags on a single file, but the Year tag is easy:

Code: Select all

$if(<Year>,<Year>,)
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

The disc # doesn't require a script at all. This what I use. The $if determines whether a disc number is included and gives me Disc 1, Disc 2, etc. You must ensure that the disc number tag in properties is blank for albums with just one disc.

i:\Jazz Albums\<Album Artist>\<Album>\\$if(<Disc#>,Disc <Disc#>\)<Track#:2> <Title>

Note that you would want to use $if(<Disc#>,CD<Disc#:2>\) to get CD01, CD02, etc. Substituting whatever else you use.

I use a similar mask for classical albums, except I don't use album artist:

i:\Classical Albums\<Album>\\$if(<Disc#>,Disc <Disc#>\)<Track#:2> <Title>

You could also do this with the year, but you would need a second variable for the condition, as I assume you don't want to leave the year tag blank for those albums that don't have a mate from a different year, i.e., $if(<other tag>,<Year>\). One of the custom fields could be used for this.
brainzina

Post by brainzina »

Thank you!

I already use the "normal" if statement for year and disc. I totally understand that. The only problem is that I have a libary with many albums that have only one disc and no blank disc tag.

And the year is the same thing. I only need the year if there is another album with the same title from another year. But of course the year should never be empty.

I think I'm gonna write a script to delete the disc tag when there is only one disc. That should bring me further with this.
Maybe someone knows something about the year problem...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Auto-Organize Files masks can only evaluate the file they're used on, not other files in the selection or Album. Thus only if single disc Albums have no Disc# value would you be able to accomplish what you seek.
max.andre82

Post by max.andre82 »

brainzina wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:25 am Thank you!

I already use the "normal" if statement for year and disc. I totally understand that. The only problem is that I have a libary with many albums that have only one disc and no blank disc tag.

And the year is the same thing. I only need the year if there is another album with the same title from another year. But of course the year should never be empty.

I think I'm gonna write a script to delete the disc tag when there is only one disc. That should bring me further with this.
Maybe someone knows something about the year problem...
Hi @brainzina,

would you happen to still have the script and can provide a template, im facing the same issue with album with 1 disk