MMA syncs Playlist but not Tracks

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

MattTown

MMA syncs Playlist but not Tracks

Post by MattTown »

Hi,

MMA syncing used to work OK with my old phone (Nokia8.1 using a SD card) after a lot of farting about. I recently replaced it with a Nokia XR20 and transferred the SD card to it. MMA syncing failed entirely on the new phone until I ticked the MMW5 Media Server options to "update the firewall rules". I had to delete the Nokia 8.1 phone device before MMW5 recognised the new phone model.

First thing I did was to configure MMW5 to download a new playlist to the phone. The playlist downloaded but none of the playlist's tracks did. The process used to run to completion (downloading tracks as well as playlist) on my old phone.

All of the songs that were already on the SD card in the old phone are available, but so far no new tracks have been synced.

Suggestions?

Matt
MM 2024.3019 (WEF 4 May 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 27K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
Peke

Re: MMA syncs Playlist but not Tracks

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If tracks are correctly Paired on new phone then sync should just sync playlists and populate them with tracks existing on phone.

Have you tried to delete few tracks from MMA and resync to see if playlists and tracks will be resynced?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MattTown

Re: MMA syncs Playlist but not Tracks

Post by MattTown »

None of the tracks that were in the new playlist were already on the phone, so they should all have been downloaded to the phone on sync.

I know that syncing is a complex process but there are lots of traps for the unwary here - I'll take that up in the MMW5 help forum.

I eventually got the settings right in MMW5 to have the sync process delete all but one playlist on the phone. The sync process the proceeded to delete all playlists and 11000 tracks on the phone (intended, OK) and then proceeded to sync the new tracks in the new playlist. It failed to download one track, but to a first approximation the process worked as intended.

This started with me swapping the SD card from the old phone to the new phone. MMA on the old phone had been working OK with syncing playlists and files. Is there some database aspect that would prevent MM5 from successfully syncing new tracks on media used with MMA on a different phone?
MM 2024.3019 (WEF 4 May 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 27K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.