MediaMonkey DLNA/uPNP speaker playback stops after a song ends

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Rumcajs

MediaMonkey DLNA/uPNP speaker playback stops after a song ends

Post by Rumcajs »

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure how to send logs from the app, so I'm writing here.

I'm experiencing several issues when casting from MediaMonkey to my WiiM Pro. The songs highlighted as currently playing in Playback do not match the song actually being played (i.e., after a song finishes, thr next one starts but this change is not reflected in the Playback or in the Queue menus. The current time of the song currently playing is also not shown correctly (probably related to the issue above) and the playback options are sometimes not responding properly when the screen is locked.

However, the most pressing issue is when the playback stops when the screen turns itself off. It seems that this has to happen naturally, i.e. when the screen locks itself after a predetermined time. There is simply silence and the WiiM Pro turns itself off after a set time, as it is not receiving any signal. However, if I press the lock screen button on my phone tu unlock turn on the screen and show the lock screen once a song finishes playing, MM immediately jumps to the next song and the playback resumes. The same thing happens if I lock the screen myself -- the next song simply refuses to play, but once I press the same button to turn on the screen and get to the lock screen, the playback jumps to the next song.

Curiously, if I enable Always On Display, it seems to fix this issue some of the time (I've noticed that MM didn't go to the next song at least once), but only if I choose the Always On option (other options like Enable after tapping or Only updates don't seem to do the trick). In addition, the last couple of songs did not go to the next one after finishing playing even with this option enabled, so it might have been a fluke.

Other apps I use for casting, for example Bandcamp, don't have this issue. I'm running MM on Samsung A71, Android v. 13. I'm also using the lastfm scrobbler. I currently have the free version, but this issue keeps me from buying the full version. Or is this fixed in the full version?

Thank you in advance.
Lowlander

Re: MediaMonkey DLNA/uPNP speaker playback stops after a song ends

Post by Lowlander »

Debug instructions are here: viewtopic.php?t=72208
Rumcajs wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:14 pmplayback stops when the screen turns itself off
This often is due to aggressive battery management by your device. You may want to disable this for MediaMonkey. Search for your device and battery management to find exact steps.
Rumcajs

Re: MediaMonkey DLNA/uPNP speaker playback stops after a song ends

Post by Rumcajs »

Thank you for the reply. I've turned both battery saving mode and adaptive battery off, but the problem still persists. What is also sometimes happening is that a songs starts playing (i.e. I can hear it playing), but the UI indicates that no song is playing (I.e. the last song rather than the song currently playing is highlighted in the queue and instead of a pause button I have a play button). Once the song playing finishes, the playback does not move to the next song (since the UI said the playback was stopped). This happens only when casting and seems to happen only when the screen is turned off.

The log ID is VYCMBLTZN3.