New Android User Question(s)

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

nosfera2

New Android User Question(s)

Post by nosfera2 »

I use MM on my Windows pc w/no problems and I like it a lot. Finally decided to get the phone app and ran into a question in setting it up:

I have my files on an external drive that connects to my phone. I can't find any menu option that lets me point/synch to that external drive to find the files on it and use it? I don't even have a Tools button option; I just have Tracks, Albums, Artists,
Genres, Playlists, Classical Music, Podcasts, Audiobooks, Video, Folders, Media Servers, and Playing Queue. I found a wifi-sync trial option but that's it (not trying to set things up that way, though).

Just downloaded it today so it appears to be Version 2.0.0.1095 (the free version so far---I'm a Gold member on the Win version)

Thanks much!
nosfera2

Re: New Android User Question(s)

Post by nosfera2 »

Found it!! Thanks :oops:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Presumably you were looking to add the files.
nosfera2

Post by nosfera2 »

Argh---I'm still having issues --- I've got the external drive connected, in my Library Folders screen I can see an Internal Storage/Music option w/a + after it. I click the plus (+) and can see all my artist/album folders, and at the top of the screen it shows the name of the USB as: devi USB Drive > Music---there's an option at the bottom that says "use this folder" so I click that. The app does a little circle/wait/update icon and then stops (seems fine). But when I then click any of the Music options (Tracks/Albums/etc), it shows "no media".

So following the Add Files instructions, I click the gear, then Library & Sync, and the subsequent screen shows the Internal Storage/Music folder as an option. I backed up one screen and clicked Grant Access to External Storage and the Music folder shows with a Create and Grant link. I cIicked the bars on the upper left, and can choose the USB drive option. I then go thru the "use this folder" option but no access is granted or anything else confirming that it worked.

Image Image Image Image Image

Thanks for any and all help/insight!