Import "Allow for Compilations" Not Working

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Hdhntr23

Import "Allow for Compilations" Not Working

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Hey guys!

I have MM5 Gold and when I import songs from a compilation (example: "The Girl Next Door OST") It still wants to revert to some single files.

I know you will probably ask which files and I honestly didn't pay attention to which files.

I can give other examples but I still feel like regardless of which files if I have it checked it should allow every file to be part of the compilation.

Thoughts?
Barry4679

Re: Import "Allow for Compilations" Not Working

Post by Barry4679 »

You have to supply, or invent, a common AlbumArtist tag for all the tracks, eg Various Artists
The tracks will be created as an album only if they all have the same Album title and the same AlbumArtist tag.

This accounts for what you see?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

I'm talking about the auto-fill lookup data. NOT when I have to go in and edit the tags myself. That part I figured out 8-10ish years ago.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Auto-Tag will often find multiple matches, you may need to select which you want used per file. You can also disable Artist lookup if you don't need it changed and the Album Artist won't be changed either (if it already was correct for the compilation).
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Isn't it supposed to move it from the folder it's in to "my music"? If not why? It used to on MM4 Gold?

Also, how do I edit files once it's done it's search and filled out the information?

For example I have a specific way to organize all of my compilation albums and I want to manually edit before I accept the app's edits.

Thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like you setup Auto-Organize on MMW4, which is still available.

You can edit Properties on files at any time.
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Shouldn't the install of MM5 copied all of my settings from MM4?

Back on the allow compilations thing...

I am having the hardest time getting this to work. I am trying another soundtrack and it's not pulling in the artists. I want it to be various artists with the actual song artists.

If I select allow compilations it puts the artists as various. If I don't select that then each artist is filled in but with their respect original albums.

Any help you can give would be appreciated. Literally a step by step guide in getting this done if possible. Almost as if I were in 5th grade?

Thanks LL!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The information (including Album Artist) will be what MusicBrainz has. You can manually edit any information to your needs.
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Shouldn't MM5 import all of my settings from MM4
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's a separate install due to the many changes between the 2 versions, the database and settings in it are taken on upgrade.