Reinstalling MM5 - HOTKEYS [#20168] [#20169]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

ed.j

Reinstalling MM5 - HOTKEYS [#20168] [#20169]

Post by ed.j »

I have given up on hotkeys being there when moving the MM DB to a new location.

The thing that winds me up is how long it takes to remove them all - select, delete, yes, select, delete, yes...... dozens of times for all of the hotkeys. I only want a few hotkeys and you can't set them to "nothing" because whatever you press becomes the hotkey

Please can you make multiple items in the list selectable so they can be deleted en masse.

This is by far the most annoying thing with a new MM installation

Thanks
ed.j

Re: Reinstalling MM5 - HOTKEYS

Post by ed.j »

And I have just discovered that pressing the delete key (on the keyboard, not the MM button) when a hotkey is selected will crash MM. And the hotkeys will be reset (or at least, the recent changes/deletions won't be saved).
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

.... and after setting my columns as per the other thread I've just made, a bunch of the hotkeys have reappeared / been deleted. Great.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using? I saw no crash on using Delete key on keyboard, nor have I seen reports of Hotkeys being lost.
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

MM 5.0.4.2690

There doesn't need to be hundreds of preset hotkeys. Nobody needs that many be default, let them be added by the user.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thanks for reporting!

1) The crash is there when the first <New Hotkey...> row is selected, to be fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20168

2) The ability to delete more hotkeys at once is being tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20169