How to change the "root directory" ?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

endrick56

How to change the "root directory" ?

Post by endrick56 »

Hello,
Sync between my MMW and MMA (on a OnePlus6 phone) doesn't work anymore since the beginning of the year.
I've ridden lot's of threads here, but I never find exactly my issue. It is usually related to external storage (SDcard), but this is not my situation.
I may have missed the answer somewhere, and I am sorry for that. Excuse also my English, since I'm french...

The issue is that MMW now sync my music into this directory : \Android\data\com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey\files\Music
But this directory seems to be restricted, and MMA can't read it, so this music is missing in the app.
I can't choose this directory in the MMA settings (it doesn't appear).

Sync used to send music into the "normal" directory : \Music
It is selected by default in the MMA settings.

I found a solution that worked once, but it is no longer working...
This solution was to change the <current> value from "1" to "0" in the file \Android\data\com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey\files\files\storageInfo.xml

Today I don't know how to fix it...
In MMW, on my device "options", the "Root directory" is set to : Android\data\com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey\files
And there is no way to change it. When I click on it, it opens the web page "https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... rk-at-all/"

Here is the detail of my file \Android\data\com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey\files\files\storageInfo.xml :

Code: Select all

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<storages version="1.4" storageGuid="419675df-819e-3d14-b34e-15b26a847430.0.3bb811c3-753a-4b8f-932f-72a6e954836d">
  <storage>
    <title>Espace de stockage interne partagé</title>
    <path>/storage/emulated/0</path>
    <prefix>primary:</prefix>
    <guid>419675df-819e-3d14-b34e-15b26a847430.0.3bb811c3-753a-4b8f-932f-72a6e954836d</guid>
    <info>Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files/files/storageInfo.xml</info>
    <type>read-write limited</type>
    <current>1</current>
    <appFolder>/Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files</appFolder>
    <folder>Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files</folder>
  </storage>
</storages>
I note that there is another version of this file under : \MediaMonkey\files
Is it normal ?

If someone can help me ?
I am desperate...
Peke

Re: How to change the "root directory" ?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Have you tied to to clear cache in AppInfo and/or reinstall MMA?
This sounds like \Music is blocked somehow for MMA access and then "\Android\data\com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey\files\Music" is used as it is APP folder which should be created and accessible by MMA. \MediaMonkey folder as you noticed contains copy so that third party apps can read MMA settings.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
endrick56

Post by endrick56 »

Thank you so much,
I did reinstall MMA, but this time I first deleted the cache, and unsinstall/reinstall it properly.
Now I am able to give autorisation to correct folders (/Music and others), and it is working fine !

For information, my \Android\data\com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey\files\files\storageInfo.xml is now :

Code: Select all

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<storages version="1.4" storageGuid="1039b921-1602-44ed-b8b2-8af560b2eb06.0.af67b4b6-c98c-439c-862e-ee1e3eaa4a14">
  <storage>
    <title>Espace de stockage interne partagé</title>
    <path>/storage/emulated/0</path>
    <prefix>primary:</prefix>
    <guid>1039b921-1602-44ed-b8b2-8af560b2eb06.0.af67b4b6-c98c-439c-862e-ee1e3eaa4a14</guid>
    <info>Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files/files/storageInfo.xml</info>
    <type>read-write limited</type>
    <current>1</current>
    <appFolder>/Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files</appFolder>
    <folder>Movies</folder>
    <folder>MediaMonkey</folder>
    <folder>Playlists</folder>
    <folder>Music</folder>
    <folder>Video</folder>
    <folder>Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files</folder>
  </storage>
</storages>
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
My pleasure.

Happy Monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts