Lyrics textbox for manual edit

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

SteveB23

Lyrics textbox for manual edit

Post by SteveB23 »

When MMA is unable to find/download lyrics, why is there no option to manually add them? As it stands, I have to enter the name and artist of some other known song and download the lyrics, then I can manually edit them. This seems like an oversight.

Thanks,
Steve
Peke

Re: Lyrics textbox for manual edit

Post by Peke »

Hi,
MMA is designed as Media Player and client to MediaMonkey for Windows which is full fledged media manager. So it is expected that tag editing is done on Windows version and then synced to MMA.

We plan to add File tagger in MMA which will allow you to edit Lyrics too. Same as we add features to MMA to overtime become full standalone product.

[Edit by Rusty]: To clarify, MediaMonkey for Android (MMA) does allow metadata to be edited and to be synced back to MediaMonkey for Windows (MMW). The point that Peke is trying to make is that MMA does not yet have all of the advanced management tools that MMW does, so serious tag editing sessions are best done in MMW.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
SteveB23

Post by SteveB23 »

Hmmm, OK. It seems odd that you can download lyrics and then edit them, but you can't enter them from scratch.
Peke

Post by Peke »

SteveB23 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:22 pm Hmmm, OK. It seems odd that you can download lyrics and then edit them, but you can't enter them from scratch.
Ahhh, sorry I got things wrong. You can manually add Lyrics if you click cancel on failed Lyrics search and it should show you EDIT and SETTING buttons (It not tap on "Search for Lyrics?" text)
ImageImage
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
SteveB23

Post by SteveB23 »

Interesting. That is not intuitive, at least for me. :-?

I have the "Lookup missing lyrics" checkbox checked, so when I go to a song with no lyrics, it immediately initiates the search. At that point, the spinny wheel turns and there is no Cancel button, nor a pencil icon, only the Settings gear. If the search fails, there is again no pencil icon, and I have never seen any reason to click on the Cancel button, because why? The search has already failed. What purpose does the Cancel button actually serve? I thought at that point my only option was to fake it out and pull down lyrics for another song so I could edit that.

I never saw the pencil icon there beside the settings gear. That only shows if the song already has lyrics or you click the Cancel button after the search has failed. (In testing this, I also noticed that the pencil is immediately visible if you do not have "Lookup missing lyrics" checked.)

So ... why not have the pencil icon there at all times? Or, since it does not appear that the Cancel button actually does anything, replace it with an "Add lyrics manually" button?

Thanks,
Steve
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for reporting this! This is definitely an oversight.

Tracking at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20047

-Rusty
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

fyi, this has been fixed in build 1086.

Thanks!

-Rusty