[REQ] Larger playback controls for easier interaction

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

almo9004

[REQ] Larger playback controls for easier interaction

Post by almo9004 »

Version: MMA 2.0.0.1080

With the update from MMA 1.x to 2.x the playback buttons seem to have gotten smaller.

The rewind/previous, play/pause and fast-forward/next buttons are smaller. Consequently, if your fingers are big or if one has trouble keeping the fingers absolutely still, mispresses are more frequent and it is harder to reliably hold down a button (e.g. when rewinding a track).
The new design wastes a lot of space placing small round buttons where larger square ones would fit just as well. Even just changing the activation areas and not changing the appearance or size of the icons would be helpful. Please increase the activation areas of these and similar buttons so that they are as large as possible (without changing the visual layout, if that is important to avoid).

The star rating controls on the playback screen have also gotten smaller, to a point where I can never reliably set the correct rating without fudging around a few times. Increasing the size of the star rating controls WILL impact the visual design. Please at least offer an option to enlarge them, or make them larger in one of the themes.

In general please consider more diverse use cases such as small screens (I am running on 4.7 inches), shaky environments like riding on a bus and touch-attenuating cases like using the phone through an activity arm band.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Robert Wilensky, about the Infinite monkey theorem
Driftmoon

Re: [REQ] Larger playback controls for easier interaction

Post by Driftmoon »

I have to agree with you. They are not just smaller but also placed to low imo. I think they could be easier to control if they were above the line of the track durration. Now they are very close to the Android controls, at least on my phone.
There is a lot of space being wasted on the trackinfo (that's currently playing). It takes up almost a quarter of the screen.
rusty

Post by rusty »

The trackinfo section should have 3 lines of text to describe Title, Artists, Text. Are you saying that the're a bunch of blank space there?

btw, the track info section can be swiped to switch between tracks.

-Rusty
almo9004

Post by almo9004 »

rusty wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:43 am btw, the track info section can be swiped to switch between tracks.
That is a nice tip, I would not have discovered that on my own. However, my point still stands when trying to rewind or fast-forward, which I often do when listening to audiobooks or podcasts.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Robert Wilensky, about the Infinite monkey theorem