Lyrics view has lost line returns

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Blorkersson

Lyrics view has lost line returns

Post by Blorkersson »

MMA 2.0.0.1080 on a Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018), model number SM-A750FN.

With recent versions of MMA (specifically 2.0.0.1079 and 2.0.0.1080) the lyrics view appears to be losing the line returns in the text that had been present in previous versions. I can't be certain exactly which version saw the change of behaviour as my MMA auto updates, without notifying me.

I enter the required text into the Lyrics panel of the song in MMW, complete with line returns (a new line, using the keyboard's Enter key). Usually, this includes a blank line too, as seen here in this post. But when displayed in MMA, the text flows continuously from one sentence to the next.

So instead of see text as shown (in this post) up to this point, I see all three paragraphs as one, as shown below:

MMA 2.0.0.1080 on a Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018), model number SM-A750FN. With recent versions of MMA (specifically 2.0.0.1079 and 2.0.0.1080) the lyrics view appears to be losing the line returns in the text that had been present in previous versions. I can't be certain exactly which version saw the change of behaviour as my MMA auto updates, without notifying me. I enter the required text into the Lyrics panel of the song in MMW, complete with line returns (a new line, using the keyboard's Enter key). Usually, this includes a blank line too, as seen here in this post. But when displayed in MMA, the text flows continuously from one sentence to the next.

It is not easy to follow lyrics, or even to read text without the required paragraphs.
Lowlander

Re: Lyrics view has lost line returns

Post by Lowlander »

Still shows multi-line Lyrics here.

Which version of MMW did you Sync with, did you USB or wi-fi Sync and what File Type(s) are affected?
Blorkersson

Post by Blorkersson »

Apologies (I did read the "how to post" information immediately before starting this discussion), so bit of a failure on my part.

MMW (Gold) 5.0.4.2690, Sync via Wi-Fi.

For this discussion, I've tried one example of a m4a (Apple's AAC) and an MP3, and it's the same with both file types. I can no longer find a song that works as it should:
m4a: Image
mp3: Image

The screenshots (linked above) demonstrate the issue (if the links work). I have to say, I've created an account with imgbb only to post these screenshots, but I'm not impressed by the site. Far too many "bad gateway" messages.

I did try it on a FLAC file too, although the only text I have in any of my FLAC files is "FLAC version". That text appeared as centered in the MMA display.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

The links don't seem to work :-( But I've also tested this and can't replicate.

Can you share a link to one of the problematic files via the helpdesk?

Thanks!

-Rusty
Blorkersson

Post by Blorkersson »

The links don't seem to work
I know, I can't even get to the home page. Re-reading your help page, I see that I should have put my image links into image brackets, so let's try again:
I suspect the site is down.
Can you share a link to one of the problematic files via the helpdesk?
How do I do that?
rusty

Post by rusty »

You can access the helpdesk by clicking Support and then Helpdesk on our site.
Or via http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/

Then click 'New ticket', describe the issue very briefly, and paste a link to the file (go to https://ufile.io/, upload the file, and then paste the link to the file in the ticket).

Thanks!

-Rusty
Blorkersson

Post by Blorkersson »

Ticket created.

Thank you.