What are the advatages of MMS?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey Server and learn about the newest builds.

Moderators: drakinite, Gurus

Nileblue

What are the advatages of MMS?

Post by Nileblue »

Could someone explain the advantages (if any) of using MMS rather than other music servers eg Asset or Twonkey. It can only be used by MMA on my phone and only displays albums, artists and gengres. I have installed it in Windows but might have a go on my QNAP server.
Thanks
Peke

Re: What are the advatages of MMS?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
ultimately the goal is to replace MM5 server on PC and be able to manage NAS library from any connected PC/MAC with MM installed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
drakinite

Re: What are the advatages of MMS?

Post by drakinite »

The other advantage could be to sync your library across multiple devices (e.g. desktop and laptop). Personally, I've been using OneDrive to sync my music, but I've been meaning to set up a MediaMonkeyServer instance to replace it.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.