auto-organize: leave track/disc number blank if tag missin

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

oliver.iacono

auto-organize: leave track/disc number blank if tag missin

Post by oliver.iacono »

Hello,

I'm just trialling some iTunes alternatives since deciding that it's been updated past the point of usability. I also have an android phone and would like to be able to sync music easily.
I had a go at musicbee and am now trialling mediamonkey and both programs make it extremely hard to auto-organise the library the way I would like it to. I don't at this stage want to buy mediamonkey gold when I might end up using something else anyway, especially since mediamonkey is aesthetically very unpleasing.

I've added my music library to the program, and would now like to auto-organize the library to a new mediamonkey folder (like itunes does) and organise the folders in the way that itunes does - that is, disc#-track# title:

Code: Select all

2-01 Birthday
If there is no disc number tag, I would like it to leave it blank AND remove the hyphen

01 Birthday
At the moment it can't remove the hyphen

-01 Birthday
If there is no track number tag, I would like it to leave it blank

Birthday
At the moment it places a 00 there instead

00 Birthday
Anyone know if mediamonkey is capable of this/how to do it?
Thanks
MMFrLife

Re: auto-organize: leave track/disc number blank if tag miss

Post by MMFrLife »

Not sure, but this dir/fn mask configurations (from signature) may help until someone else shows up.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
yarguy

Re: auto-organize: leave track/disc number blank if tag miss

Post by yarguy »

The masks allow if statements. So to include a disc# only if there is a disk number and you want a hyphen and to check for a track number use:

$if(<Disc#>,<Disc#>-)$if(<Track#>,<Track#> )

If you always want track numbers to be two digits (makes sorting work right) use:

$if(<Disc#>,<Disc#>-)$if(<Track#>,<Track#:2> )

EDIT: Sorry, I left out a comma in the <Track> rule. It's now been added.
carstengiese

Re: auto-organize: leave track/disc number blank if tag missin

Post by carstengiese »

I always use this pattern:
\\synology\music\<Album-Interpret>\<Album>\$if(<Disc #>,CD <Disc #:2>)\$if(<Disc #>,<Disc #><Track#:2>,<Track#:2>) - <Interpret> - <Titel>