Wi-FI Sync Cache?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

kmicheal

Wi-FI Sync Cache?

Post by kmicheal »

I did a wi-fi sync from MMW 5.0.4.2690 to MMA 2.0.0.1073 of an album and noticed that I'd mispelt the album artist (my file structure in MMA is music/album artist/album. So I deleted the album from MMA. I corrected the spelling in MMW. I updated the tags, and then I re-ran the wi-fi sync.

The MMA library is showing the correct spelling but the file structure is showing the previous, incorrect spelling. I've tried it a few times and each time it creates the album artist folder name with the old, incorrect spelling rather than the updated spelling that appears in both MMW and MMA libraries?

Is this info stored in some kind of cache somewhere? I cleared the APP cache on the phone, but this didn't correct the issue. It did ask for permissions again and thought it was my first ever wi-fi sync, so clearing cache does something, but nothing to fix this issue.

It's not the end of the world, but if there's an easy way to sort it, I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me.

Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Wi-FI Sync Cache?

Post by Lowlander »

Check your Mask and if the issue is with Artist or Album Artist. It may be that 1 was fixed, but not the other, and that's what's being used to create the files on the device.
kmicheal

Post by kmicheal »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:09 pm Check your Mask and if the issue is with Artist or Album Artist. It may be that 1 was fixed, but not the other, and that's what's being used to create the files on the device.
The maks is definitely Album Artist....it's a soundtrack and so as the Album Artist I have Original Soundtrack and then the Artists are different for each track. I had typed Original Sountrack and when I synced it created the folder Original Sountrack. I deleted the album from MMA. Corrected the spelling in MMW, but when I re-synced, even though it brought in the corrected spelling in the tag, it put the files in a folder called Original Sountrack. That's why I was wondering if there was some kind of cache somewhere that would have stored that and was using it to create the file structure.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Does the Mask also involve Album? If you change this, does it still send it to the wrong location (Sync after deletion of files on device)?