Crashing the OS [#19940]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

ChristianA

Crashing the OS [#19940]

Post by ChristianA »

Long-time user, long-time fan of MMA/W. After the last MMA update (for me, five days ago), about 50% of the time when I go to MMA from the "currently running apps" card browser, not just MMA crashes, but the entire operating system begins to flash from the login screen to the home background to off and back. No icons appear during these flashes and the screen is nonresponsive. Holding down the power key loads the "power off / reboot" menu; rebooting escapes from this loop, but it starts again the next time I try to browse to MMA. I also occasionally get a system-level warning (in courier on a black screen) suggesting I try a factory reset.

Specs: Motorola one 5g UW; Android 11; MMA 2.0.0.1073, Pro license

Things I've tried: deleting and reinstalling MMA twice; forgetting and reattaching my bluetooth headphones in case they were interfering, deleting other music-playing apps that may compete for the registers. If I need to factory reset I will, but I thought I'd ask you first before I go nuclear.
Peke

Re: Crashing the OS

Post by Peke »

Hi,
When you get back to MMA try ☰ -> ? -> Send Logs and write log here. It will tell us what was going on with MMA.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ChristianA

Post by ChristianA »

It said it posted, but I don't see it. The log ID is
Ejj3umq7y2
BTW: the crash apparently only happens when entering an already-running program from the card browser. I can enter MMA by clicking on the icon on the desktop without disaster, whether or not it's already running.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
ChristianA wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:36 pm when entering an already-running program from the card browser
Can you please elaborate, I do not have Card browser and from what I know moving App to SDCard is not adwisable, especially for apps that run in background.
Best regards,
Peke
ChristianA

Post by ChristianA »

I mean the app "cards" that come up when you browse recent/currently running apps. (I guess nobody calls them that anymore)
I did a complete factory reset, and it hasn't actually solved the problem. I uploaded a few more crash logs, although a few times the OS crashed *while* I was uploading, so I don't know if they all made it through.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
When you get back to MMA can you send manual log and write down LOG ID number here so that we can track it and pair with this topic?
Best regards,
Peke
ChristianA

Post by ChristianA »

Two of the LogIDs I have sent are
7QXZ4C7SWI
EJJ3UMQ7Y2
The others have not been cc'ed to my email, and I don't see them on the MantisBT system, so they must not have sent successfully. Sometimes it says it has but doesn't, sometimes it crashes mid-send.
WonderLadd

Post by WonderLadd »

Piggybacking on this, as my issue is similar. Except the crash occurs while the phone is just sitting there, playing music. The song will start to stutter and when I tried to unlock the phone to see what's going on, eventually it says Android is unstable and gives me the option for a factory reset. The logID I just sent is XMX9QDPI56
Peke

Post by Peke »

WonderLadd wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:24 am Piggybacking on this, as my issue is similar. Except the crash occurs while the phone is just sitting there, playing music. The song will start to stutter and when I tried to unlock the phone to see what's going on, eventually it says Android is unstable and gives me the option for a factory reset. The logID I just sent is XMX9QDPI56
Hope log will show more, this is first time I hear about Whole android crashes while playing with MMA.
Best regards,
Peke
WonderLadd

Re: Crashing the OS [#19940]

Post by WonderLadd »

After a few more crashes (and a few times where there was no crash for a long period of time) I noticed that it was always the same song. I suppose this is still a problem, but it is easily mitigated on my side. I may even have the CD the song came from to rip it again.
rusty

Re: Crashing the OS [#19940]

Post by rusty »

Can you share a link to the file with me (via a Private message)?

Thanks!

-Rusty