AutoTag removing the .mp3 extension [#19916]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

jsidigital

AutoTag removing the .mp3 extension [#19916]

Post by jsidigital »

I have the auto organize set and the files get renamed perfectly. However, when the tags save, the file removes the extension...

- Lets say file imported is named: 01 - artist - title.mp3
- I edit the tags and add genre, year, etc. and when saved, the file gets auto organized and renamed perfectly, however the extension is removed and looks like this: sample_artist-song_nameUNKNOWN or sample_artist-song_namemp3

It should be saved as: sample_artist-song_name.mp3

Why does it remove the period before mp3 or remove the extension completely and call it unknown?

Weird part is that even though it does this, mediamonkey still is able to play them, but if I try to export them or sync my music with my iphone, they fail because the files are not detectable.

This just started after the latest update 5.0.4.2690. Prior to update (v 5.0.1.2431), it was not doing this.
Any ideas how to fix this or what can be causing it? I did not touch any settings between the update. My pc at work is still at 5.0.1.2431 and does not have this problem.
Peke

Re: AutoTag removing the .mp3 extension

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I have not seen such issue for years. There was a bug long time ago, but it was quickly fixed.

Note . + mp3 (and any other extension format eg. FLAC, WAV, OGG, M4A,...) is auto added based on file format, can you please make copy of persistent.json and mediamonkey.ini -> ZIP them -> attach to Support Ticket (Same login credentials as forum) and then delete persistent.json and MediaMonkey.ini. After start of MM5 you can cancel First start wizard and then try to do rename.

NOTE: You have Preview list which will show destination path before you actually do Auto-Organize. Would be Good if you can create screenshot and attach along ZIP-ed persistent.json and mediamonkey.ini.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jsidigital

Post by jsidigital »

Peke wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:02 pm make copy of persistent.json and mediamonkey.ini -> ZIP them -> attach to Support Ticket (Same login credentials as forum) and then delete persistent.json and MediaMonkey.ini. After start of MM5 you can cancel First start wizard and then try to do rename.
When I do this, it starts up asking if it copies from mediamonkey 4 and starts from that which is not good.
Deleting these files will completely remove all my playlists and delete all my auto-organize rules (these were not setup in mm4).
Is there a way to not have to lose all that? I have a lot of rules and many many playlists that I would not like to lose.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What Auto-Organize rule are you using and does Tools > Auto-Organize Files cause the same problem with that rule?

Tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19916
Peke

Post by Peke »

jsidigital wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:26 pm When I do this, it starts up asking if it copies from mediamonkey 4 and starts from that which is not good.
Just cancel Import and it will be using existing Library or create clean one if MM5.DB is not present.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jsidigital

Re: AutoTag removing the .mp3 extension [#19916]

Post by jsidigital »

SOLVED THE ISSUE.

MediaMonkey support gave me this link of similar issue.
viewtopic.php?p=485957#p485957

Turns out my mediamonkey.ini file did have 2E= at the bottom of the file. This removes the period.
So by deleting the line with 2E= it solved my issue of mediamonkey removing the period.
This solved the problem of the missing period.

However, sometimes it would not always detect the correct extension.
So I simply added

Code: Select all

.<Extension>
to the end of all my auto-organize rules and that fixed the entire issue.
Now mediamonkey works as intended and it never removes the period and always adds the correct extension.