Audiobook Sync issue MM5/MMA

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Michael Handscomb

Audiobook Sync issue MM5/MMA

Post by Michael Handscomb »

Hi
I have been using MM4 for years happly and upgraded to MM5, apart from the occassional crash I have run into a sync issue that is a major nuisance.

I have audio books on my PC's MM5 library *set up as type 'audiobooks'.
I do not wish to sync these to my smartphone's SD card when I sync with MMA.
I have set up the sync in MM5 under the 'Devices and Services'>''[phonename]-SD card'>'Sync list (Library to Device) just to sync Music, podcasts, classical, playlists.
On MMA. for the Sync settings (to the M5 library on the PC) for the SD card - I just set Music, Podcasts, Classical Music, Playlists to sync.
However when I sync from MMA, the whole audiobook library downloads to the phone which takes forever and also t takes up lots of space.

I may have overlooked something and would be very grateful for any pointers thanks...!
Mike
Lowlander

Re: Audiobook Sync issue MM5/MMA

Post by Lowlander »

Sync Selection is not excluding, instead including. So not having something selected doesn't guarantee it won't be Synced. You likely have the Audiobook files included in a selected Playlist or other Collection.

This means you'll need to do some investigating as to what selection includes these files.
Michael Handscomb

Re: Audiobook Sync issue MM5/MMA

Post by Michael Handscomb »

Hi Lowlander

Much obliged for your response - It will take tracking down - nothing springs to mins but there are lots of playlists to check out - half the fun i guess...!

Regards Mike