Duplicate entries in library

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

aljones

Duplicate entries in library

Post by aljones »

I've gotten a new computer and loaded my music to it and ran MediaMonkey to load its database. (C:\music)
I've since gotten an external hard drive, divided it into 4 partitions and copied my music onto it ... and ran MediaMonkey which went looking for music files on E:\music
The external drive had problems, mostly with the partitioning, so I was able to replace it with another external drive. and ran MediaMonkey which went looking for music and found it at d:\music.
So my library now shows 3 entries for each title in my library, one is bolded (presume that to mean it's there) and the other two aren't.
How do I get rid of the duplicate entries? I've looked and can't find ... thanks
//al
Lowlander

Re: Duplicate entries in library

Post by Lowlander »

You can remove any drives or folders you don't want included from the Music > Location node.
drakinite

Re: Duplicate entries in library

Post by drakinite »

I assume you've fixed it by now, but in case someone else has the same issue:

I've personally dealt with moving music library to new locations multiple times. Instead of adding E:/Music to your MediaMonkey library, what you can do instead is use "Locate moved/missing files". Select the new music location, and MediaMonkey will scan through all the files and update the tracks' paths in its database without having to do any cloning and deleting.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.