star rating controls size

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

petergriffin

star rating controls size

Post by petergriffin »

I recently started test-driving (literally) the MMA2 Beta and am very impressed. Props to all the devs/designers involved!

I usually spend around 10 hours a week inside the app sorting through fresh music submissions while driving. MMA1 had a relatively large set of stars which allowed me to fat-finger my rating without taking my eyes off the road too much.

I would very much like for MMA2 to provide an option for a large rating interface where there's not even need for any artwork in my opinion - just a large 0-10 scale of (half-)stars, possibly even larger than that of MMA1's, please.

Thank you for your consideration and keep up the excellent work!
petergriffin

Re: star rating controls size

Post by petergriffin »

It occurs to me that some clarification is needed here. Although the difference in size of the star-bar between MMA1 and MMA2 isn't as pronounced in landscape mode, it is rather significant in portrait (incl. split-screen) mode, where the stars are overlaid on top of the square artwork (placeholder). Stretching it across the screen width available to MMA should suffice as a quick win here, which isn't to say that the proposed dedicated rating interface wouldn't be nice to have :)