Chromecast no longer functional

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

icjonsson

Chromecast no longer functional

Post by icjonsson »

It appears that my MediaMonkey for Android was updated today to beta version 2.0.0.1060.

When syncing my phone to my MediaMonkey on my Windows PC, I was asked to GRANT permissions to folders (1st time I was ever asked). Once that was completed, the playlist SYNC over WiFI seemed to complete quicker.

Went to the playlist...all good.
Started to play the first track and then hit the upper right icon to cast and nothing except a prompt to connect to a server.

I have been using Media Monkey for many years, was always able to ChromeCast. Is this a bug or a feature that was removed?
Peke

Re: Chromecast no longer functional

Post by Peke »

Hi,
THX for feedback.

re chromecast: No it is not removed, actually it should fix few Casting devices not detected (at least that is how now works for me now). Unfortunately for you, looks like it needs more polishing After you try to cast can you please send us debug log (☰ -> ? -> Send Logs) and write log id here?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Re: Chromecast no longer functional

Post by Lowlander »

Are you sure you're connected to the correct wi-fi network? Guest networks tend to block seeing other devices.