MMA on Android Auto freezes

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Zonky

MMA on Android Auto freezes

Post by Zonky »

Hi!

Running the latest MMA on Android Auto, both latest beta versions and Coolwalk already enabled i ncase of AA, I get freezes while trying to operate with MMA.

Most of the time, when entering the car, the head unit automatically starts with AA Coolwalk.
Additionally MM automatically starts, nevertheless it is not configured to do so in AA options.

The current track, maybe the last one since I've left the car, is playing and can be heard from the car's speakers.
Nevertheless, the progress bar of the track does not move on and when this happens, the artwork is missing, see photo below.

But there is more: Sometimes the pause button is enabled/visible while the track already starts playing, Sometimes the play button is visible, see below, and when pressing it to pause the track, nothing happens. I can see that AA or MMA recognizes the touch on the HU surface, but no action happens.

Moreover, the other buttons on screen to step back or forward do not respond to my touches either.
Out of a sudden, the controls begin to work again this applies to the physical buttons on my steering wheel, as well, that where previously without function, too.

Michael

Zonky

Re: MMA on Android Auto freezes

Post by Zonky »

Some more information: After a while the app gets responsive again and when skipping the tracks forth and back, the previously missing artwork shows up again.

So it's all about the freeze which causes the app to freeze the first minutes after Android Auto starts.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It could be useful to have MMA log IDs before AA starts, during freeze and after, possibly with full ZIP log in support ticket after it starts to be responsive again.

What I am suspecting is a bottleneck somewhere that freeze till all data is processed and hope this will show us some light on a issue.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Maybe I've resolved this myself: I completely disabled energy saving for this app in Android settings. I just hat a short trip before and it looks like the freezing has stopped. I will watch this, though.

Nevertheless, artwork is missing from time to time, but available in the track's properties. As far as I kkow this has already been reported in another thread.

Cheers
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Zonky wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:05 am I completely disabled energy saving for this app in Android settings.
:( Please can you share Phone make and model?
Best regards,
Peke
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Sure, Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G (SM-G990B/DS) with Android 13 or One UI 5.0
Peke

Post by Peke »

Zonky wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:54 pm Sure, Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G (SM-G990B/DS) with Android 13 or One UI 5.0
:( Samsung is known to have strict policy, for now we have not found way to ask Samsung exclude permissions inside app or during installation and we are unsure how Samsung whitelist apps to allow more relaxed behavior on background process.

EDIT: FYI we addressed that in https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19496
Best regards,
Peke
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Too bad, just had the same freeze again. And MMA crashed, so I've sent a debug log via the app itself. Don't recall the ID, sorry! But added comment Freeze while running in Android Auto or similar.

Energy saving of MMA is still unrestricted, though

Related to? https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?p=505218