UPnP: connection failed - Access Denied issues [#19680 #19681]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Davo

UPnP: connection failed - Access Denied issues [#19680 #19681]

Post by Davo »

Ongoing & persistent problem. All my setting are correct in MM5 - 2690 & I'm on V.2 of MMA.
The MM Server appears in MMA tries to load then "connection failed" OR It connects to the server but after accessing the nodes/index/index item it won't load the data.
My media sharing settings in MM are correct; I've tried clearing the cache.
David

Re: connection failed - Access Denied issues

Post by rusty »

Hi Davo,

To make sure I understand correctly: was sync working fine with MMA 1.x and then stopped working with 2.x ?

As to the actually problem, are you able to browse/play content from MMW over UPnP using MMA?

Note: one of the most common causes of such failed connections is a change in network configuration. In such cases, the solution in MMA is to find the sync server again (Options > Library > Sync configuratino wizard).

-Rusty

p.s. this article covers troubleshooting steps for synchronization, but it might not be relevant if you're experiencing an MMA 2-specific regression:
https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... rk-at-all/
Davo

Post by Davo »

Hi Rusty
1. I don't use Sync
2 "are you able to browse/play content from MMW over UPnP using MMA"
The answer is Yes & No
If i select my main library ->Album it usually works. Same if i Select say "Playlist"
If i select a Collection, say 'Classical"->Composer->Index->Composer then it it usually times out & i get the error message.
Also, after i get the error message if i try to restart MMA it finds the media server but fails to load.
David

Post by rusty »

1. Got it--I don't know why I assumed that you were reporting a sync issue.
Are the browsing timeout issues new to MMA 2? Or did you also experience them on MMA 1?

2. Thanks for clarifying. I tested this out at my end, but couldn't replicate.
Can you try another UPnP client (e.g. Bubble UPnP or VLC) on your phone and see whether it's able to successfully navigate the same path? That might help determine whether it's an MMA issue vs a network or MMW5 issue.

Thanks!

-Rusty
Davo

Post by Davo »

1. I've had the same issue on MMA 1
2. Bubble UPnP connects ok but appears to have the same problem loading data.
3. All the connections Client/Server look ok. MMA doesn't seem to handle nodes like composer or conductor very well. ie, after going through the menus it times out while loading the data? i'm wondering if my database is too big for the app.?
David

Post by rusty »

If MMA 1 and BubbleUPnP are having similar issues loading the data, it would imply either a network problem or an MMW5 issue. How large is your database?
Davo

Post by Davo »

mm5.db = 2.6 gb
David

Post by Davo »

The other main problem is that after a time out if you exit the app & start again it recognises the server but refuses to load the menus, then times out.
David

Post by Davo »

Hi Rusty
Something new - The MM5 server was running but when i opened MMA2 & went through a few menus I noticed the MM5 server had stopped. I'll try & replicate
David

Post by Davo »

Cannot replicate, probably a one off glitch.
I seem to get better results the fewer menus i go through, eg if I deselect the index option in MM5 then open MMA ->Media Servers->Music-(main collection)>Album (or Artist) then use search for the album/artist, I get a quick response & the album plays ok.
David

Post by rusty »

David,

So we agree that this is likely an MMW5 issue, correct?

-Rusty
Davo

Post by Davo »

Rusty
Perhaps it is both? My technical knowledge is limited, but from a fair bit of testing using different configurations these are my observations. In each case i can replicate the result.
1. In MMA after a "connection failed - access denied" message i cannot restart the MMA app until i close & restart MM5

2. "Search" on MMA works fine & is quite fast. So the size of my database does not seem to be an issue.

3. In MMA the sub nodes for artist, album, genre work ok, ie, album/tracks are found & play correectly

4. The sub nodes for Composer/Conductor will find the composer/conductor but not load tracks/albums & eventually give a "connection failed - access denied" message

I'll leave you to figure out which problem is MMA or MM5. If it is MM5 could you raise the issue with them. I'm sure you will explain it better than i could.
Thanks for following this up & Best Wishes to you & your team for Christmas & New Year
David
David

Re: UPnP: connection failed - Access Denied issues

Post by rusty »

Sounds right.

1) MMA shouldn't get frozen when this occurs. Can you replicate the problem and then as soon as the MMA UI unfreezes, submit a log and share the Log ID here?

4) The fact that the "connection failed - access denied" error occurs with multiple UPnP clients would imply a problem with MMW5. Can you generate a debug log in MMW as follows:
- Install the debug version of MediaMonkey: https://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/MediaMonkey_Debug.exe
- Download the DbgView application from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... s/bb896647
- Execute DbgView
- Execute MediaMonkey.exe and replicate the problem (You'll see logs being generated in DbgView (if not try running DBGView as Administrator))
- Save the log messages from DbgView to a file, compress it (ZIP, RAR) and send it to us via the helpdesk. If the file is too large ( > 2MB) then upload the file to a free file hosting service (e.g. DropBox, ufile.io, MediaFire, ...) and share a link to the file.

That should help us get to the bottom of this (I would have generated these logs myself but I can't replicate the problems). Thanks!

-Rusty
Davo

Post by Davo »

this is the log after it froze - F52UKAUVLU
I'll send another log after it unfreezes.
David

Post by Davo »

MMA log - KCNCMHR3DJ - This is after I restarted MM5 & opened MMA
David