WiFi sync to Linux server?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bkenobi69

WiFi sync to Linux server?

Post by bkenobi69 »

I currently have a Windows based file server that I run MMW4 on. That server is at end of life and needs to be replaced. My current target is a Linux based solution in a SFF case and HW RAID5. I am trying to figure out if MMW will run correctly on such a configuration including the ability to sync to MMA via WiFi. I would also like to be able to access the files via DLNA which currently works great through Windows.
Lowlander

Re: WiFi sync to Linux server?

Post by Lowlander »

Wifi Sync only works with MMA.

DLNA streaming from MMW and MMA works with any DLNA capable client.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

I want to have MM running on the linux machine to provide the server to wifi sync to. I intend to sync my MMA to that server. It works well with my current Windows server and am hoping I can similarly configure on Linux somehow. I dont need to play audio, just manage the files and hold the file info database.

DLNA would either be from my phone running MMA or from server (hopefully).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey is Windows only, but there are ways to run Windows applications on Linux, it has been discussed before on the forum.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

I was able to find many threads discussing Linux but I hadn't found any mention if the server mode worked. There is a tutorial on the guide that talks about settings to make it work with audio. But as i said i don't need audio. I will keep looking through the various threads to see if the needed info is available. Thanks.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Only thing you need to pay attention to is Virtual LAN device in Emulator runs Windows and MM and that it assign same IP address subnet as one where your MMA device connects eg. if your device is 192.168.0.100/24 then MM server should be also in same subnet like 192.168.0.110/24. Bit tricky to setup but works.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

Ok sounds good. Much appreciated!