Artist[s] to be Composers

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dogcatcher

Artist[s] to be Composers

Post by dogcatcher »

I was about to have another whinge about every ripped cd being catalogued under artist and I found the following helpful post:

Re: Complaints about MM Gold.
Post by yarguy » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:06 am

You can thank (or better swear at) the inventors of the ID tagging system for the composer-as-artist-problem because they origjnally left no field for composer. As a consequence early taggers of classical albums put composer in the artist field - assuming most people were more interested in composer than in artist. It's an album database problem not a Media Monkey problem.

Bearing that in mind, is there any chance of a teeny weeny bit of code in the future that allows us to tell MM that Artist and/or Album Artist = Composer. For me, as a classical nut, Composers always come first and I only really need the artists with different recordings of the same music.
Lowlander

Re: Artist[s] to be Composers

Post by Lowlander »

In the Filelisting you can use any column (in List View) and in the Media Tree you can check out Custom Nodes.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

For MM5 there is an Addon: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... ap-fields/
That could cover your need.

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
dogcatcher

Post by dogcatcher »

Thank you for this. It certainly makes life easier, but being greedy, I look forward to MM doing that when I rip a cd :D
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

"Swap Fields..."

Can also be used BEFORE ripping.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
dogcatcher

Post by dogcatcher »

Thank you for your help for a very dim user of MM