MM5 launches, but I can't see/do anything

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Mikey1969

MM5 launches, but I can't see/do anything

Post by Mikey1969 »

Hi guys... I can't use MM, and haven't been able to for awhile. It's running, and I can see an outline of where the window is, but that's it. I can't bring it to the front because it's already there. I can't select a previously played file, to maybe wake things up, I just get an outline of a smaller window. It's Win 10, Enterprise, Media Monkey 5 (Can't tell more than that because I can't get the app to launch). I have rebooted, relaunched the app, right clicked and checked for anything similar to "Bring to front". I simply can't use the app.

I'd sure love to attach the screenshot that I took, but I can't do that on this site, despite the requests for a SS. The "image" file just gives me code, and dropping an image just opens it in a new tab.

Setting MM back up was enough of a PITA that I'm really hoping the answer isn't going to be "Throw everything away and start from the beginning.".
Lowlander

Re: MM5 launches, but I can't see/do anything

Post by Lowlander »

Try the latest beta build: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d Does that resolve the problem?
Mikey1969

Post by Mikey1969 »

Unfortunately, same thing. :-(
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Mikey1969

Post by Mikey1969 »

I think that did it! It's working now. If it comes back, I'll try this again. Thanks for the help, as always!! :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Mikey1969 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:05 pm I think that did it! It's working now. If it comes back, I'll try this again. Thanks for the help, as always!! :D
I am really curious about your GPU Make and Model. Can you please open support ticket and supplied ZIP-ed saved TOOLS -> HTML REPORT from CPU-Z?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Mikey1969

Post by Mikey1969 »

Hey there, I just saw your response, sorry. I'll pull this report. The computer is actually a Mac Mini, running Win 10 Pro in Bootcamp. I'll get a log when I get the computer back online.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No need, guess that bootcamp do not correctly parse all Hardware Acceleration or your GPU drivers are outdated :(

If update is not possible I guess you will need to wait native MAC OS version of MM.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts