Auto-Organize accompanying Files

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think I'll just put Cue sheets into Cue Reader (which is having a massive overhaul soon, into a dockable panel!) and then once I've got the functionality working I can always create a separate, more flexible script.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Sounds great!

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
TheRocket

Support for Cdg

Post by TheRocket »

Support for cdg files: (beta script)
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 2774#42774
TheRocket
-- MMWBE 0.91 released! Get it here http://rocket.dyndns.info/mp3manager/mmwbe_v091.rar or see topic http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4005#34005 for more details!!!
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

@Bex

I had some large album.mp3's with accomponying album.cue file, and by using CUE Splitter v0.5 from http://www.enfis.it/download.php I got them converted to ordinary song.mp3 files.

Suits me, as I like to play random songs, instead of whole albums at once.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks for the tip DiddeLeeDoo but I already have that program. But not the latest version released yesterday!! (v0.6 beta10)

The problem is that it doesnt cut the files 100% accurate (only 99.999%). So I won't be able to reproduce a "perfect" CD again if I cut it up. And perfect gapless playback isn't always possible.

But storage is cheap these days so i might split them up and also keep the big files on some backup disk.

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Haven't tried that latest version.

I believe the 99.9% thingy is really related to the mp3 format. It sure helps with a good mp3 decoder and a good out plug-in also supporting gapless. Those combined manage to 'mask' that weakness with mp3's.

I now enjoy those songs that used to be one big .mp3, and can pick out my favorite tracks from the album. Storage is cheap as you say and I guess you just do whatever feels right for each album, having .cue versions backed up.
adakwa

Re: Auto-Organize accompanying Files

Post by adakwa »

Hi all,

I have a question about this feature.

Per the MM wiki "When media files are moved, it may result in the original folders becoming empty of media files, while other files still reside in it. If this occurs, you will be prompted whether to move any accompanying files (e.g. Artwork or Lyrics files). This will move the selected file(s) to the same folder as the media files were moved to."

My question is: when prompted to move accompanying files, one of three things can happen. Choose "cancel" (scenario 1), or choose "move", which will have a different effect for files that are selected (scenario 2) and files that are not selected (scenario 3). It's not clear to me what happens in each of these scenarios. For example, when you choose "cancel" does it prevent the regular (non accompanying files) from being moved and everything stays were it was? Or it just cancels moving the accompanying files? If it just cancels moving the accompanying files, is that the same as scenario 3 where you click move but unselected files stay where they are? And, lastly, if any of the accompanying files are NOT moved for any reason, if you opted to delete empty folders, does the folder then stay there with the orphan files or are they all deleted with the folder?

Thanks for any clarifications you can provide.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
When you get Dialog with accompany files and you un select them, they are left in originating folder and folder is not deleted because it is not empty anymore, but they are not considered accompany files as they do not reside in folder along Media Files.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
adakwa

Post by adakwa »

Thanks a ton Pete. And what happens (to both the music files and the accompanying files) if you hit cancel?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Same as if you unselected them. It is just Cancel for Accompany files not Auto-Organize.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
adakwa

Post by adakwa »

Thanks again!