Finding WIFI speakers after MM starts

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

fraserp

Finding WIFI speakers after MM starts

Post by fraserp »

Hi guys and gals
I have about 10 WIFI (mainly google) speakers and Chromecast devices. When I launch MM it finds the devices that are already turned on. Most of them usually are on, but I have some like a mobile speaker and also an AMP that aren't always on. I find that when I turn them on, and MM is already running, they don't appear in the speaker list to stream to. Is there a "refresh device" option available as I am having to stop and restart MM for it to find the new device? If there isn't, could that be added to the new feature list?

Thanks.....we love MM (and can't wait for MM remote to come back into existence) :)
Lowlander

Re: Finding WIFI speakers after MM starts

Post by Lowlander »

This should happen automatically. Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using and is the issue with just Chromecast capable devices?
fraserp

Post by fraserp »

Hi Lowander
I'm on 5.03.2637 and it seems to happen with all devices. For example I plugged in my google Home after MM had started and it didn't appear in my list. Same happened for my AMP which users its own music server and MM only found that as well after restarting MM.
Fraser
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you capture the starting of these devices in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

Maybe it shows why this is happening on your setup.