Copy Column Settings To Other Nodes

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

dypsis

Copy Column Settings To Other Nodes

Post by dypsis »

To make things quicker and easier to set MM5 up, is it possible to copy column settings to other nodes?

So, if I select all the columns that I want and adjust their widths to how I want them, can I somehow save that setting and transfer it to other nodes?
Rob_S

Re: Copy Column Settings To Other Nodes

Post by Rob_S »

When you have the desired layout, you can go to "manage Views" and save the current layout.

Unfortunately for now there is no way to propagate this to all other nodes as your default. As far as I know, you have to first open each node , and then select your saved view for each individually.

I am not sure if this has ever been acknowledged as a feature request.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

I too have asked about this before (possibly for MM4). I'm surprised the facility to make column settings 'global' does not exist.
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 5.0.2.2532 (Gold), i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

As far as I know, you have to first open each node , and then select your saved view for each individually.
Correctly
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

terrypin wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:38 am I too have asked about this before (possibly for MM4). I'm surprised the facility to make column settings 'global' does not exist.
I agree that it should also be in MM4. But considering it's in neither, I thought I would at least ask for this functionality in MM5.