Ratings Out Of Sync

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Mark S

Ratings Out Of Sync

Post by Mark S »

This has been happening to me since MM4. I'm in MMW and I change the ratings of multiple files to 0. When I sync, on MMA, these files will now appear in my Auto Playlist for files with a rating of 0 or unknown. However, in MMA the original rating is still shown e.g. 3 stars. So it's like MMA is treating the files as 0 but displaying the original rating.

What I have been doing forever is changing the rating to 0, file by file, in MMA. Then when I sync, the files show up in MMW as rating unknown. I then change the ratings to 0 then I can finally start afresh.

I have probably confused you but this is definitely a bug.
Lowlander

Re: Ratings Out Of Sync

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW and MMA are you using and are you doing a wifi or USB Sync?

Does this problem also exhibit itself for you if you change the Rating to a different value like 1?
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

MMW: 5.0.2.2532
MMA: 1.4.3.0950

Just to explain what I am doing. I have an auto playlist for all tracks with a "0" or unknown rating. I change a group of files to unknown in MMW and they all appear in the playlist, however, the original ratings are all there in MMA. In MMW they are unknown. I manually clear the ratings in MMA, sync, and then they appear as '0' in MMW. I then clear the ratings in MMW and I am finally where I want to be.

I just changed a group of files to 4 1/2 stars in MMW, and they all appear in an auto-playlist (rating = 4.5) in MMA. I have lived with this problem for some time and suspect it is something to do with the unknown rating. What I will now try is changing the rating to "0" and see what happens.
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

And just changed a group of files to "0" rather than Unknown in MMW. Problem still there - they appeared in the playlist (for "0" and Unknown) but with their original ratings still showing in MMA.
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

And forgot to mention - I am syncing over wi-fi.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I think unknown is a known issue, ie. when tags are removed they're not removed on Sync.

However I tested with changing a five star to a 0/bomb and syncing with 5.0.3 and it changed to 0/bomb rating in MMA as well.
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

I just changed a batch of files in MMW to 0 (rather than unknown). When synced they appear in my playlist for tracks with unknown rating, but are still displaying their original rating. I thought that the batch may be the problem so did it with a single file, same issue.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture the change of Rating and Sync in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this fails in your setup.