Tag update failed" FLAC is inaccessible

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Robbieboy65

Tag update failed" FLAC is inaccessible

Post by Robbieboy65 »

Hi,

I am using MediaMonkey 5 for Windows (version 5.0.2.2531) on my Windows 10 PC, and I am receiving the above-mentioned error message when attempting to tag one of my playlists with album art. Each time I attempt to do this, I get an error message indicating the tag update was unsuccessful because one of the tracks is 'inaccessible'. However the track in question appears to be no different than the other 14 tracks, and it plays perfectly. Would appreciate some help with this frustrating problem.
Lowlander

Re: Tag update failed" FLAC is inaccessible

Post by Lowlander »

The error just occurs on just one file in your Library or for multiple files?
Robbieboy65

Post by Robbieboy65 »

Hi,

thanks for your assistance. This is the first time I have noticed this issue. I cannot tag any songs in the playlist with album art, but the error message always names track 15 (the last song in the playlist) as the problem. The playlist is CD 1 of a live album. I had no issue with the playlist for CD 2, all of the tracks were tagged with album art with no problem.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please open support Ticket and supply us with Download link to Track 15?

If it is possible to cut time for analyze it would be great that you also create Debug log as described here viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 and attach it alongside Download link.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Robbieboy65

Post by Robbieboy65 »

Hi,

As requested, I have submitted a support ticket for this issue, and included a link to the file in question (hope it works ok!).
I haven't had time to read up about how to create a debug log, but I will aim to read up about it in the coming days and submit one once I understand how to do it. Thanks very much for your assistance.
Robbieboy65

Post by Robbieboy65 »

Hi again,

This is the reply I received in response to my support ticket:

"this error occurs, when application cannot open file for writing. It could be caused e.g. by "Read only" attribute (please check it in file properties in Windows), by forbidden writing to the file by file/folder access rights (Security tab in Windows file Properties), or by moving the file to other location, then when the file was originally scanned".

I checked on the 'Read Only' attribute in relation to this file and that particular box is not ticked, but I must admit the part about "forbidden writing to the file by file/folder access rights" is not something I know enough about to make sense of. I'm afraid the same holds true for the process of creating a debug log also, and is much too technical for me to understand. Appreciate all of the help offered to this point.