Call external batch file with parameters when playing a title

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

DWIRT

Call external batch file with parameters when playing a title

Post by DWIRT »

HI Friends,

I hope this is the right section to post my challenge.

On change of a title I would like to call an external batch (.bat or .py) script, with the parameters Title & Singer to trigger an external display.

Is there any native way or addon to do this? Otherwise I would like directions on how to develop an addon to do this (JS and VBS is known).

Thank you so much for your help.
Dennis
drakinite

Re: Call external batch file with parameters when playing a title

Post by drakinite »

DWIRT wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:20 pm I hope this is the right section to post my challenge.
Moved topic to the developer forum :slight_smile:

When you say "On change of a title", do you mean when the currently-playing song changes, or do you mean when someone edits an individual song's title? (i.e. in the track properties screen)
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.