Corrupted playlists and re-downloading songs [#17158]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

kriffe

Corrupted playlists and re-downloading songs [#17158]

Post by kriffe »

Hi!

I've recently switched to a new phone (vivo nex s) and since then i've had some troubles syncing in mediamonkey. Everything seemed fine at first and all my tracks and playlists were downloaded successfully, and I could resync without any problem. But after a while (seems random each time, but usually between 1-24 hours) all my playlists becomes empty. When i start mediamonkey after this happens it needs to "compress database"(?) which goes pretty fast, but then the library seems to lose info about the tracks and needs to re-read them again (at least this is what I think mediamonkey does) and it takes a while due to the size of my library. I can't sync before it has finished. If i try to sync again after this it will start by "matching new files" and reads all files which were downloaded the last time, and then it wants to download a random number of files again (sometimes all of them). If i choose the option "Delete all unselected content" it will also delete some of the tracks (this also seems random) i've downloaded the previous time, and if i don't choose that option it downloads the same tracks again and "_1" are added to the filenames before the extension. The playlists also seems to be corrupted in other music apps and it doesnt seem to matter if I choose the option "update playlists from other apps" or not in mediamonkey. I have to delete my playlists manually to get them downloaded and working again. I don't move or tamper with the files in between.

It seems like something is happening to my files unintentionally and mediamonkey recognize them as new files. Last night I synced and downloaded all of my tracks again, and when i woke up the same proces had already happened again. I didn't use any other apps during this period of time.

Does anyone know why this is happening and/or how i can prevent it?

Thanks in advance.
Lowlander

Re: Corrupted playlists and re-downloading songs

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW and MMA and are you doing a USB or wifi sync?
kriffe

Post by kriffe »

MMA 1.4.2.0938
MMW 4.1.20.1864

Wifi sync. USB has always been super slow for me.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Start with updating as sync issues have been fixed.

MMW: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =8811&sd=d
kriffe

Post by kriffe »

I updated to version 4.1.30.1914 and deleted all files manually on my phone and then rescanned them. Worked fine as usual for about two hours but then all playlists emptied again and now it wants to delete and download 940 of the tracks over again when rescanning.. Any other ideas?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
3 things that are strange in your behavior:
1. After all playlist are lost MMA re scan library
2. /Playlist/ folder is empty which causes MMA to delete playlists
3. I guess New profile is created on sync?

All 3 points that some phone app cleared MMA files on maintenance that trigger MMA to re scan and reset settings.

Can you confirm that this is happening.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
kriffe

Post by kriffe »

I hadn't noticed it earlier but yes, my Playlist folder on the phone was empty. I rescanned just one playlist and it appeared in the folder for a while but then disappeared again.

If another app is messing with the files, how do I find out which app it is? I haven't downloaded any new apps to this phone that I can think of.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
To confirm that, do sync with MM and do not open it for some time, while checking folders.

When you catch it happening see battery usage and possible apps to blame.

Also you can block suspicious apps to access SD card under that app info advanced settings under permissions.

Other than that I was never new device you have, so I am not much of help there. It can be also manufacturer OS customization or pre-installed apps :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
kriffe

Post by kriffe »

It seems that i've solved the problem. Thought i'd write it here if someone else gets trouble with this phone. After some tweaking I managed to disable the stock music player and since then everything has been working all good. No re-downloads, database compressions or playlists disappearing. Thanks for the help and suggestions, much appreciated!
kriffe

Post by kriffe »

Okay, an unexpected turnaround. I didn't solve the problem and Mediamonkey seems to be the cause of playlists getting deleted.

Everything went well for a couple of days, but then out of nowhere (or so I thought) it happened again. I frequently checked that the playlists were still there during the period everything worked, but I didn't use Mediamonkey to play my music. After a couple of days I wanted to update my playlists and started Mediamonkey but then all the playlists were gone and the whole process restarted. Since then I've experimented a bit and created backup of my playlists. I wanted to see if Mediamonkey would recognize the backups after next deletion. So after the next time they were deleted i copied the backup playlists to the playlist folder and started Mediamonkey again. They were immediately removed. I repeated the process a few times and it happens every time. Only the playlists in the playlist folder are removed, not the backups that i've put in a subfolder in the same directory (also tested having them in other places).

I have no idea if its relevant but I also have some trouble with tagging. Many of the tracks with foreign characters (like åäö), but also others (seems random), show up as chinese characters. I don't mind this problem so much that I need it fixed but thought I'd say it in case there could be a connection.

So, any new ideas?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log from About in MMA right after the playlists disappear and reply here with the logID.
kriffe

Post by kriffe »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:35 pm Send a debug log from About in MMA right after the playlists disappear and reply here with the logID.
Log ID: 6B3K44QPXB
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
thanks for Log,
I can see there syncing new tracks only, no info about playlists (Log is too short).
I am afraid whether there is some issue with database corruption, which causes re-downloading tracks and deleted playlists is a side effect maybe.

At first, I need more Logs.
1) If you have synced all media playlists currently, please send me Log.
Your database is too big and is not included into the Log file, but backup should be store in MediaMonkey/logs/Database_<Log_ID>.zip
Please send me also this zip file to be able to compare your database before and after the issue.

2)When the issue occurs again, then send another log and also your database again.

Keep option "Update playlists from other apps" disabled.
Thanks.
kriffe

Post by kriffe »

After some meddling it seems that the playlists empties and gets deletes everytime i fully close mediamonkey and then opens it again. Tried starting clean and removed what files i could find tied to the database. I now try to sync 1 playlist with 1 file in it and its gone when reopening.

Made a new log when from when i restart.

ID: 9UFM7QTZ8U

Edit: There is no database file in the log folder anymore after i tried starting clean.
kriffe

Post by kriffe »

Anyone who has any suggestion? I would really appreciate any help. It's such a drag having to switch to another application.