Playlists do not transfer

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

BIBLEfreak

Playlists do not transfer

Post by BIBLEfreak »

Playlist to not transfer to iPhone (IOS13.7)

I have recently upgraded to MM Gold 4.1.28.1905. Now running 4.1.30.1914. When selected from the playlist menu under music using >send to>iPhone (synchronize) or using AutoSync after selecting a playlist, MM goes through the sync process, the playlist appears in the MM menu when I expand the iPhone menu, it even shows all the songs in that playlist. But they are not on my iPhone.

Please tell me I am simply missing some simple setting???

iPhoneX IOS 13.7

Sync settings-
Tab
Summary
Scan as soon as the device is connected (selected)
Tab
Auto-Sync (-->Device)
Music (selected)
Playlist (selected)
Delete other filed and playlists from the device: All other media files (selected)
Confirm Deletion (selected)
Tab
Options
Never modified all left at defaults.

Prior to my migration to a new Desktop in July:
Windows 10 Pro
Processor: Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
RAM: 32GB MotherBoard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-H GAMING

I was running version 3.X.X.X. of MM, not sure which. I know it had been awhile since I installed maybe 6-8 months. On the older version I was able to sync, music and playlists. Since purchasing the GOLD version to install on my new system, only my music has been able to transfer.

Help.
BIBLEfreak

FIXED: Playlists do not transfer

Post by BIBLEfreak »

I decided to delete the Music App on my iPhone and reload it. Sure enough this seems to have resolved the problem.
A note on reinstalling the default music app. With the advent to iOS 14, icons can change. On my iPhoneX iOS 13.7 the app is simply called "Music" when reinstalling from the app store, the app was called "Apple Music" and looked different.

But hey this fixed my playlist problems.
Shakadula5153

Re: Playlists do not transfer

Post by Shakadula5153 »

How did you delete the music app on your phone? Was it itunes? I am having the same issue.

Thanks.
Lenovo Laptop:
12th Gen i5 Intel processor
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

* Primary Apps: MediaMonkey 5 (not GOLD yet).
BIBLEfreak

Post by BIBLEfreak »

Shakadula5153 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:58 am How did you delete the music app on your phone? Was it itunes? I am having the same issue.

Thanks.
In my iPhone X the app was names Music with a white background, and a colored music symbol.

When I searched the App Store the app was called Apple Music and was red with a white music symbol in it.
Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

Yep. I have the same thing. I deleted the app and reinstalled iTunes music with the red icon
and my iPhone XR is synching with MM.

Thanks for this.
Lenovo Laptop:
12th Gen i5 Intel processor
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

* Primary Apps: MediaMonkey 5 (not GOLD yet).