Ratings lost on all tracks synced to MMA

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Tornado3212

lost all ratings and playlist are empty

Post by Tornado3212 »

Yes me too - any track I rated which was synced to my phone has now lost the ratings on MMW.

So annoying - please resolve - I'm a recently paid up Gold User so I actually paid you to take my ratings off!

Please find a fix!
Tornado3212

Ratings lost on all tracks synced to MMA

Post by Tornado3212 »

I have auto-sync setup on my gold account and recently any song synced to my phone has lost it's rating on MMW!

The playlists I listen too are rating based so I've lost them basically...

Can anyone suggest a fix?
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Ratings lost on all tracks synced to MMA

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Can you see the rating using File Manager in Windows?

If you right click on the Column Title Bar in File Manager you will be able to add a column for the file rating. Alternatively, right click on an MP3 file and you should see the rating with the file properties option under details.

Can you see the rating in MMW for any files?

Expand the Music option in the left most "tree", then expand rating and you should see the music files grouped by 5*... No Star.

Have you set the Auto-sync file metadata from the device to PC?

With the MMA device connected using USB, select the device in the left hand "tree" then click on the Auto-Sync(==> Library) tab and toward the bottom there is an option to check.

Hope this helps.
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW and MMA are you using and are you doing a USB or wifi sync?
Tornado3212

Post by Tornado3212 »

MMW - 4.1.29.1910
MMA 1.4.1.0937

Initially USB sync to get all files over - issues started following recent wifi sync

All of the tracks on MMW which I didn't sync to MMA still have their ratings intact - all synced tracks dont.

Basically I created an auto playlist for 4.5 and 5 star songs and only synced playlist - not whole library.

Only the 4.5 and 5 star songs have lost their rating on MMW.

The ratings are intact on MMA - I haven't tried to sync them back yet, but I have read other posts from people saying that this didn't help and the ratings were lost from MMA too.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Put them by Rating on per Rating Playlist in MMA. That way you can recover the Rating from the Playlist (unless you're per Rating Playlists in MMW were static and can be used to recover).

Next I'd try a sync where all files that were synced (at least the once that lost Rating) are on the sync list (make sure you don't allow sync to delete anything if requested).

If you have the option to sync playlists back to PC enabled in the Device Profile, the Playlists per Rating should sync back to PC.

I'm not sure if MMA creates Playlist files when you create Playlists in MMA, but if it does, copy those somewhere before Sync.

I'm not guaranteeing this will work, I do assume Sync will wipe Ratings off MMA as MMW Ratings are newer (Last Modified), but if everything goes right you'd have the Playlists to reinstate Rating to your files in MMW.

MMW 4.1.29.1910 is the one that lost the Ratings or could this have been on an older version?