MP3 file silent until fast forwarded

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

roylayer

MP3 file silent until fast forwarded

Post by roylayer »

I have a set of files that I downloaded that are silent until I advance them a little bit; then they play fine. I cannot play any of them from the beginning. They play OK in other players such as Winamp. Here is their file information:

Bitrate: 256
Frequency: 44 100
Stereo: Yes
File size: 15300776
VBR: No

Nothing seems very alarming in those properties! Any idea what might be going on here? I'd be happy to to send you a sample file (by the band Birth Control) if that would help. Thanks!
Happy user of MediaMonkey Gold version 2.5.5.998
Computer: p4, 2.5 ghz, 3 gb ram, win xp
jiri

Post by jiri »

I'd say you can try to use another mp3 input plug-in, e.g. the one distributed with WinAmp2 (there's more info about it in the help file). In any case, I'm interested in the problematic tracks, it would be nice if you can send me any shorter one to my e-mail.

Thanks,
Jiri
roylayer

Post by roylayer »

Thanks. I'll give that a shot. I haven't really looked into plug-ins yet since I've been happy with the MM's defaults, but you're right - maybe one would help with this problem.

I'll find a small mp3 and e-mail it to you. Thanks again!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Basicly this bug exists only with Too Large DirectSound Buffer (Or sound Buffer in some cases eg. SQR,...). Try To lower it and 99% I'm Shure that the problem will be fixed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
roylayer

Post by roylayer »

Thanks, Peke, but I am not sure what you mean by "Too Large DirectSound Buffer (Or sound Buffer in some cases eg. SQR,...)." Can you tell me where to look for these settings? Thanks!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Well all this you can find in Tools/Options/Output Plugins. Under Configure you'll find in most casses Tab that Contain word Buffer.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
roylayer

Post by roylayer »

Thanks. Jiri also confirmed via e-mail that I should try the MAD plugin or something else to solve the problem.

Thanks again!
adanv1

Post by adanv1 »

you know, I installed the 2.1 version and the MAD plugin and everything appears (so far, I just tested a couple of songs) to be working great.
thanks! (if it some how goes wack I'll let you know) ;)