Feature requests [#16959 #16960]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

bdb484

Feature requests [#16959 #16960]

Post by bdb484 »

Hi, all.

My transition to MM5 was pretty rough at first, but I'm really coming around more and more every day now. MM4 now looks impossibly ancient whenever I open it.

A few things that I wanted to throw out as possible enhancements:
  1. Custom views for Now Playing: We can see lyrics or we can see album art; why can't we pull up the normal List or ListByAlbum views?
  2. Double-click to auto-adjust column width. I'd like to be able to quickly snap the column to the smallest width that will show me everything inside it.
  3. Option to turn off live updating in AutoPlaylists. I imagine there's a lot of debate over what is preferable, but I prefer that the playlists stay how I find them until I refresh them.
  4. Option to adjust text size. I like to fit as much into my window as possible, so the option to make the text smaller would really help fit a lot more information on to the screen.
  5. I use the Monkey Groove skin, but I really like the waveform that replaces the progress bar in other skins. An option to switch the progress bar with the waveform would be really nice.
  6. When we use the "Find more from same" feature, how about letting us Ctl+Click to get the results in a new tab, rather than the one we're working in?
  7. It would be nice to be able to edit lyrics in the windows where they pop up, rather than opening the file properties to navigate over to them.
  8. In Now Playing, when I'm in album-art view, the title and album names would look neater if they were centered, rather than flush left.
  9. is I really, really miss RegEx Find and Replace. It's probably the only thing that keeps me going back to MM4 at this point. I'd love it if there were some alternative built in, or if there's some way to allow old plugins like this to function.
  10. Could we make custom media types?
  11. In the Now Playing tab with Album Art view, we can't use multi-finger gestures to scroll through the lyrics.
  12. Is there any way to use the Find More From Same on multiple tracks? For instance, if I have a playlist with one song each from Album A, Album B, and Album C, I'd like to be able to summon all the tracks from any of those albums.

Also, I just wanted to call out a few changes I've noticed that are really making me happy:
  13. The "stop" icon over the pause button when "Stop after current" is selected. "Stop After Current" was not always reliable in MM4, so I really like having a visual cue to confirm that it's active.
  14. "Play shuffled (by album)" is a great option. In general, I'm in favor of anything that facilitates consuming albums rather than individual tracks.
  15. Allowing me to add further definition to Music node as if it were an AutoPlayist is very nice. If we were also able to set a default sort for each node, that would also be great.
  16. Rearranging tabs! I always tried to do this in MM4, but it never worked.
  17. Locate moved/missing files: Much faster and much more effective
  18. Realigning tracks with the top of the album art in List by Album view really scratches an OCD itch for me. They used to be just a little bit off in MM4, but now they're neatly lined up: https://ibb.co/NFH4FmH
Thanks for all the time you've put in. Keep up the great work.
Lowlander

Re: Feature requests

Post by Lowlander »

Again, please don't post a massive list of issues in a single thread. Where available use existing topics and otherwise post separate ones per issue.
Lowlander

Re: Feature requests

Post by Lowlander »

1) Now Playing node can show a List view. A by Album View was never implemented as it messes with the order and Now Playing needs to show the order in which files will be played.

2) https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16959
Lowlander

Re: Feature requests [#16959]

Post by Lowlander »

3) When setting limit to's Selected By an non Auto-Refresh option this already happens.
Lowlander

Re: Feature requests [#16959]

Post by Lowlander »

5) Tools > Options > Player has the option to do this. Or Right click on player -> Customize (Player)

6) https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16960

9) This is not developed by MediaMonkey and with the major changes the developer has indicated to not be interested to port any of their Addons to MediaMonkey 5.
Last edited by Peke on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Opdated point 5
Lowlander

Re: Feature requests [#16959 #16960]

Post by Lowlander »

7) Inline editing is available in List view like with other fields, but where other fields are display only Lyrics are too.

8 ) That's up to the Skin, Material Design (dark) has it centered.

4) This can be adjusted in Skins or by modifying DPI or Text Size settings in Windows.

10) No, often discussed already. You can create custom Collections which can be based on any Criteria (doesn't have to be Type).

12) No, Find More from Same opens a node in the Media Tree from sub-nodes like Album, Artist and Genre.
Peke

Post by Peke »

13) Already on our To-Do not tracked ATM

15) This is handled in Manage Views not in collection options.

16) This works for me I can easily rearrange tabs.

17) Can you elaborate exactly what is the issue for me it works OK and reasonably fast.

18) It is skin design, for me current looks Ok. Smaller and more efficient.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
bdb484

Post by bdb484 »

No, 13 through 18 are just changes I've noticed from MM4 that I wanted to say thank you for.