Rescanning unchanged files? Huawei P30 Pro

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

donmacn

Rescanning unchanged files? Huawei P30 Pro

Post by donmacn »

Hi there,
I know this isn't a "new" topic, but having searched, I haven't found a specific answer.

I have MM Gold, v. 4.1.25. I have one 'playlist' on my Huawei android phone, called my 'P30' to differentiate from my wife's P30 phone. The playlist has ca. 2610 files in it.

Today I added 50 new files to my music library>added them to the phone playlist>plugged in the phone to synch, and instead of just taking the 50 new files, it took about an hour and a half to synch. all of the other files, which weren't changed.

Obviously if I just wanted to get some new music files onto the phone, to listen to in the car, knowing it's going to take hours to add them is a bit of a disincentive.

What's causing this, and is there a setting I can use to make sure it's only amended files that are synched?

Any help gratefully received, thanks.

(should say I'm using an older Windows 7 pc - plan to change this shortly - just in case that makes a difference?)

D
Lowlander

Re: Rescanning unchanged files? Huawei P30 Pro

Post by Lowlander »

Start with updating MMW to the latest release: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =8811&sd=d There are almost always sync related improvements in each release.
donmacn

Post by donmacn »

Thanks for that. Apols I haven't replied sooner, been away from my desktop and MM with work.

I thought I had checked for updates: help>check for updates> nothing was showing. Anyway I've downloaded 4.1.29 now and I'll have a play with that to see if this question has been resolved.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can always apply for beta builds in ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts