2230 - contextual filter can appear to be out of step

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2230 - contextual filter can appear to be out of step

Post by Barry4679 »

The Ui could be improved during closure of the filter specification wizard. Currently it can lead to a confusing state.

There is no clear way to close a wizard dbox like this. ... ie. no Close button.
It can be closed by Enter key, or the escape key. or by just clicking somewhere in the main panel, ie. outside the Wizard dbox.

The 2nd and 3rd methods of closure cause this confusing result, where the filter falsely appears to be active.
Last edited by Barry4679 on Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Re: 2230 - contextual filter can appear to be out of step

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That is not Dialog but DropDown, there is Dropdown arrow to open/close it and which is overlapped with [-] as seen in your picture

I created https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16429 Let me know if I missed something.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:46 am Let me know if I missed something.
I think that you missed everything from my report :)
You have gone in a different direction altogether.

My 1st diagram shows the dbox I was speaking of, and the second diagram showed the resulting problem.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

The 2nd and 3rd methods of closure cause this confusing result, where the filter falsely appears to be active
Yes, this is caused by some optimizations (espacially on large databases) so that the tracklist/filter isn't unnecessary updated too often.
i.e. it is updated once the editation of the row is finished. i.e. It can be closed by Enter key or by just clicking somewhere in the main panel, ie. outside the Wizard dbox. But I agree that the values should be updated once the dropdown is closed. Added to the Peke's issue.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:02 am i.e. it is updated once the editation of the row is finished. i.e. It can be closed by Enter key or by just clicking somewhere in the main panel, ie. outside the Wizard dbox.
If you are saying that close of screen #1, by clicking somewhere else, should refresh the filter, so that the display = what it says in the toolbar control ... I am not seeing that. ... I only saw that when closing via the Enter key. ... I think you should also fix for close by ESC key .... Ie.. Once you have closed the dbix the filter main display should always reflect what it says in the tool bar.

Am away from computer, so can't retest.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

to make more clear: steps:
  • open EntireLibrary>AllTracks, View mode = List
  • open View Filter (funnel icon)
  • add a filter line: AlbumArtist equals
  • select one of more albumartist from the selection dbox which has opened
  • close selection dbox, by clicking somewhere in the main grid, or prtess Esc key
  • ==> UI is in this confusing state ... ie. the sub-heading (see #A in diagram) states that the view is filtered, the toolbar (#B) contains some unrelated default entry, and the main display (#C) is not affected by the new filter
Workaround:
  • re-sort the grid
  • change View mode
  • exit the selection dbox via the Enter key
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, I see, added to Mantis note 57135 yeasterday. To be fixed.