Album Covers - MM4 loads multiple album covers

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

SKI49

Album Covers - MM4 loads multiple album covers

Post by SKI49 »

The current Gold version of MM4 seems to have an interesting problem with album covers.

When I add a new album without an album cover, MM4 is loading multiple album covers from my existing library. It will load anywhere from 3 to 4,000 album covers most of which are duplicates.

I thought I had done something wrong, so I deleted everything, shutdown & rebooted my system. At this point when I opened MM4 I did a clean install of all albums from my designated Music library (also used by Groove Music & Windows Media Player). Once it completed, I checked to see if it loaded the album covers were correct.

This did absolutely no good. In fact, I now have an album which always shows as playing even though it does not exist in the library.

I thought maybe I needed to run the Maintain Library to do a Quick Optimize Database. Unfortunately, I am currently in hour 2 and I cannot Cancel the optimize. I cannot do anything with the product. I cannot exit or close the program. I cannot choose any music to play. I fear my only option is to kill the program in Task Manager.

When I bring up Task Manager, it shows that 33% of the CPU and 17% to 25% of my 32GB memory. It shows the Power Usage to be in the Very High category. I had closed all programs but MM4 and the Task Manager with no impact on MM4.

Does anyone have any idea about this type of problem? I don't want to change back to the Microsoft offerings as your product has demonstrated for superior options and performance so any help would be appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: Album Covers - MM4 loads multiple album covers

Post by Lowlander »

Disable Scan file directories for Artwork under Tools > Options > Library. This works well if files and Artworks are well organized and well tagged, otherwise it may not work well. Also WMP create multiple Artwork files per Album which then get picked up by MediaMonkey (generally 1 Artwork turns into 3 Artworks when using WMP).
SKI49

Post by SKI49 »

That helps with any new albums I load but I have over 100 albums with art that have over 3,000 album covers installed. It is impossible to clean these out before MM4 starts to reload the album art that I just deleted. Very frustrating!!!!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This may be of help to clean them: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... art+tagger

Or removing them (removes them from Playlists too!!) and rescanning them to the Library may fix the problem as well (you can try on a few files to confirm).