remember last playback position

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

DLiu

remember last playback position

Post by DLiu »

I frequently hop from playlist to playlist. Is there a way for Mediamonkey to remember these playlists' playback position? Thanks.
Peke

Re: remember last playback position

Post by Peke »

Hi,
One way is to create Auto Playlist With Criteria Play# > 0 as that way playlist will exclude those that are played and if you want you can simply add criteria Playlist which reference to another static playlist it will exclude tracks from that playlist that were previously played.

For more complex behavior I would need more info.

But unfortunately Current track position in the playlist from last time you played it can be remembered as Now playing can contain more tracks than tracks from playlist you just started to play as it is not playing that play list but just adding content of that playlist to Now Playing List.

I hope this make sense to you, if not let me know and I'll try to give you more detailed example.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Re: remember last playback position

Post by Lowlander »

Play > 0 would only work if you started at 0 plays for all files on the Playlist. Like Peke said there is no Playlist playback position memory.

The Last Played Criteria in AutoPlaylists could be of use, depending on how you play files.